M3 SD Slim vs M3 Perfect Lite

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by enishi37, Feb 7, 2007.

1. enishi37
    OP

enishi37 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2006
    I'm thinking about buying a slot-2 cart for use with my nds lite. I have a R4 and its great. After much review I'm going to stick to an m3.

- I'm looking for one that will play GBA roms with no lag, glitches, etc.
    - The best emulation compatability with NES, SNES, GENESIS, GBA, etc
    - I know most of the roms aren't too compatible, but one with more potential
    - The one with the best homebrew support, and/or more potential for expansion.

Let me know what everything works well. I figure if the m3 sd slim is just as good as an m3 lite, i would just go for an m3 sd slim only because its cheaper (if you include the adapter and the memory card).

Thanks

2. Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega GBAtemp Regular

Aug 25, 2006
    Brazil
    Both have same hardware and use same firmware.
    So, they are identical, the only difference is the shape.
    M3 MiniSD has same size of a GBA original cart.
    M3 Lite has same size as of NDSL dust cover.

3. vDrag0n

vDrag0n Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2006
    Canada
    The m3 does lag on gba, as long as you use their game manager that is... Direct copy is good though.

4. spacemoose

spacemoose Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2006
    United States
    If you plan on using emu_kidid's WIP nesDS, then then M3 miniSD will work properly, while the M3 Lite won't.

I got a M3 Simply and an M3 Lite to replace my miniSD, but never use the Lite because it can't play NES, which is really all I play other than DS games.

There might be other incompatibilities out there as well. I'd research the programs you are intending to use.

5. enishi37
    OP

enishi37 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2006
    Isn't the lag prolly due to the type of microSD card? I have a SanDisk Ultra II 1gig card.

BTW: if it is the microsd card, which one do you recommend?

6. Shadow-Zero

Shadow-Zero GBAtemp Regular

Jul 21, 2006
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    Yeah, what's the logic in the M3 Lite not playing NES games while the M3 Mini can...?
    I have them both, but never tested with NES games so far, but SNES games seem to work alright on both the Mini and Lite.

7. XANIKSE0

XANIKSE0 Banned

Banned
    Feb 12, 2007
    I'm thinking about buying a slot-2 cart for use with my nds lite. I have a R4 and its great. After much review I'm going to stick to an m3.

- I'm looking for one that will play GBA roms with no lag, glitches, etc.
    - The best emulation compatability with NES, SNES, GENESIS, GBA, etc
    - I know most of the roms aren't too compatible, but one with more potential
    - The one with the best homebrew support, and/or more potential for expansion.

Let me know what everything works well. I figure if the m3 sd slim is just as good as an m3 lite, i would just go for an m3 sd slim only because its cheaper (if you include the adapter and the memory card).

Thanks