jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
m3logo.gif
M3 Sakura
Just in case you've got questions...
index_cardphoto.gif
Hey folks, just thought I'd just do a post giving some information on one of the latest Slot-1 flashcarts, the M3 Sakura.

If you're confused to what it is - the M3 Sakura is a new flashcart and loader, developed by the M3 Team.
This Slot-1 flashcart is only available in Japanese. The loader was designed for the M3DS Real flashcart, but the team decided to release a flashcart for promotional purposes (thanks Urza). The Japanese firmware only works on Japanese M3 flashcarts.
However, the firmware has been hacked to where you can boot the firmware from an English M3 flashcarts (more info below).

Here's some images of the M3 Sakura firmware (in Japanese):

Using the unofficial M3 Sakura English firmware, the M3 Sakura firmware could only boot on the M3 Sakura flashcarts (of course), the M3 DS Real, and the iTouchDS.
Now recently, Rudolph (developer of GBA Exploader and Wi-Fi/Slot-2 Dumper) has found a way to run the firmware on any Slot-1 flashcart that use Micro SD cards for storage! Flashcarts with built-in memory (such as the Acekard R.P.G. or G6DS Real) cannot boot up the M3 Sakura firmware.
You can read instructions for runnning the M3 Sakura firmware on almost any non-M3 Slot-1 flashcart here and here.

Also, Urza will be reviewing the M3 Sakura firmware for GBAtemp.net soon.

There's much more information about the M3 Sakura flashcart, firmware, and more on Densetsu3000's M3 Sakura FAQ.

If you have any questions regarding the M3 Sakura, you can simply go to the M3 subforum on GBAtemp, ask in the M3 Sakura FAQ topic, or this topic if you'd like.

download.gif
Download Unoffical M3 Sakura English Firmware Download
icon11.gif
M3 Sakura FAQ
icon11.gif
Official M3 Sakura Website

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"M3 Sakura" should refer to the loader, which was designed for the M3 Real flashcart. The M3 Sakura flashcart is just a rebadged M3 Real created to promote the new loader.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was messing with the Rudolph hacked one on my Cyclo DS, and I must say it is an interesting, and has a very well made GUI. It's really responsive and does a lot. I wouldn't buy the M3 just for it, but it is certainly something others might be interested in when they make a decision to which flashcart they should get.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, just to make sure, Rudolphs hack does NOT allow to boot games, you can run homebrews and multimedia, but no commercial games..
It's kind of a "DEMO" version, so other users could check it out, and decide if they're going to switch to M3 Real..

Nice you posted this on a front page news, hopefully, more people will check out Densetsus Sakura FAQ topic, and learn more about this excellent firmware..

D

Deleted User

Works great for me! I got it to work on my M3 Simply, GnM, R4, R6-Gold, and for some reason it also worked on my SC miniSD....

Exactly how did you translate it to English? Hex editor, or are there language files you can edit?

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Toni Plutonij said:
Well, just to make sure, Rudolphs hack does NOT allow to boot games, you can run homebrews and multimedia, but no commercial games..
It's kind of a "DEMO" version, so other users could check it out, and decide if they're going to switch to M3 Real..

QUOTE(fvig2001 @ Jun 25 2008, 12:15 AM) So does this mean all slot 1 flashcarts with microsd storage can now sync with pokemon battle revolution?

No.

Edit: damn.. beaten at the second..
tongue.gif

D

Deleted User

Toni Plutonij said:

let's keep it that way. We don't want those damn pirates freeloading off the back of the homebrew community. pirates bring the downfall of the homebrew scene.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
TeenDev said:
Toni Plutonij said:

let's keep it that way. We don't want those damn pirates freeloading off the back of the homebrew community. pirates bring the downfall of the homebrew scene.
Well, ironic but true..the scene is backstabbing itself..

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TeenDev said:
Toni Plutonij said:

Dare I ask you to explain that statement, Mr. Self-Righteous Moralfag?

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The DLDI version allows games to boot and homebrew to run on the iTouch , but it doesnt detect the 3 in 1 and even though you patch the 1.11 version it still says it 1.10.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Urza said:
TeenDev said:
Toni Plutonij said:

Dare I ask you to explain that statement, Mr. Self-Righteous Moralfag?
Sorry for offtopic, but since when is OK for staff to insult people on forum....Isn't the staff who should be making an example of nice behavior, and good will of forum?!
I mean, it's not the first time you did that, and there is no basic for insult...It's OK to argument, but really....(or maybe I misunderstood the word Moralfag?)..

@Tanas, even the version that's used for M3 Real (official), says 1.10 when you're booting 1.11x, it's normal.....Some update will probably be released soon....

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
Sorry for offtopic, but since when is OK for staff to insult people on forum....Isn't the staff who should be making an example of nice behavior, and good will of forum?!
I mean, it's not the first time you did that, and there is no basic for insult...It's OK to argument, but really....(or maybe I misunderstood the word Moralfag?)..
I'll use whatever vocabulary I feel is warranted dear.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Urza said:
Toni Plutonij said:
Well, that's OK by me, but you really shouldn't be staff then.....
smile.gif

Your posts have some sexual and even racial discrimination!! However pissed you are, it's NEVER a reason to insult people on those bases..
It's just my opinion, because, I've never seen any other staff member posting something like that, or even acting like you!!

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
Urza said:
Toni Plutonij said:
Well, that's OK by me, but you really shouldn't be staff then.....
smile.gif

Your posts have some sexual and even racial discrimination!! However pissed you are, it's NEVER a reason to insult people on those bases..
It's just my opinion, because, I've never seen any other staff member posting something like that, or even acting like you!!
I don't feel I should change the way I act because of some silly label.

I'm just a member who runs the front page.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: There is an actual trailer with footage too. lol. Going to watch it tonight. Grabbed it from...