Hacking M3 Sakura Suggestion Topic (For the G6 Team)

Envido32

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
- An option in the RTS menu to change the screen brightness without turning off the console
- Maybe a nicer GUI for the RTS menu and been able to use the touchscreen in it.
- I love using the touchscreen, but there are some options only accessible with the buttons (like the screen brightness, enter the recently used applications), some way to arrange that?

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Additional suggestions from me:
  • Be able to hide folders, I don't like the fact that I have all the folders of my homebrew showing up (I have dskiosk so it wouldn't matter if they were hidden to me).
  • Have an option to start in a folder of your choosing when you boot up in Sakura. (Of course it's just an option so you'd still be able to boot and start in the folder you were last at).
  • Change the date and time in Sakura.
  • Be able to edit text files in Sakura (instead of just viewing).
  • Instead of making people place homebrew in the accesories folder, do what dskiosk does and have an ini file point to the location of the nds file.
  • Have a built in homebrew viewer/runner/organizer. Kind of like dskiosk but built into Sakura (Sorry, I can't stop mentioning dskiosk xD).

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
More attention to important issues in Sakura, such as the lack of fully functional cheats (delayed implementation, majority of cheats being fake, etc). In other words, an increase in overall competency.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GreenBanana said:
More attention to important issues in Sakura, such as the lack of fully functional cheats (delayed implementation, majority of cheats being fake, etc). In other words, an increase in overall competency.

Uhhh...you do know that the people who make Sakura don't update the cheat database (atleast not that much)? Use the search button to search for Narin's Cheat Database.

Also the latest version of Sakura has an Instant cheat option which will take out the delayed implementation you're talking about.

théo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to be able to:
  • See the ROM Header/ Internal Name
  • Sort the games by their Header/Internal Name
  • Obviously see the games Header/Internal Name in the Game list before launching
Pretty much like it works in AceKard 2i when you push select, to sort by file name, ROM header/internal name, file name without icons

Cheater388

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Support for more audio files. I think the reading of joint stereo or variable-bitrate MP3s is broken. I say that because a lot of the podcasts I listen to only play in one headphone speaker.

hyun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like some body said..
Global settings are what is mostly need for m3i zero.
Like put download play for all games at once and soft resets.
It's just pain to do it for all games.
Acekard2i has that so i used it most of the time because of it.

emphy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I know it's probably a lot to ask, but one thing I'm missing on the DSi in general (and I think Sakura can fix this), is multi user support.
Ideally:
- Option to select user after boot
- Separate save files per ROM per user
- Seperate 'favorite' or 'last started' ROM lists per user
.. so I can share my DS with my girlfriend or someone else, without my saves or favorites getting messed up.

I realize this is not easy or a simple request, but I almost can't imagine I'm the only one wanting this
wink.gif

Zantom07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
emphy said:
I know it's probably a lot to ask, but one thing I'm missing on the DSi in general (and I think Sakura can fix this), is multi user support.
Ideally:
- Option to select user after boot
- Separate save files per ROM per user
- Seperate 'favorite' or 'last started' ROM lists per user
.. so I can share my DS with my girlfriend or someone else, without my saves or favorites getting messed up.

I realize this is not easy or a simple request, but I almost can't imagine I'm the only one wanting this
wink.gif

Nobody thought of it ;D . As McDonalds would say "I'm lovin' it!"

emphy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, here's another one
smile.gif

- Possibility to 'tag' roms, and to browse them based on their tags.
I'd like to tag some games as 'platformer', 'square enix', 'strategy', etc - so I can easily find the game I want to play. With microSD's growing bigger and bigger, browsing trough 16Gb of alphabet-sorted games can be annoying
smile.gif

emphy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
dsrules said:
you could just put your games into different folders

That's what I do now, but tagging gives more flexibility in how you want to order stuff - but it might just be me
smile.gif

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
emphy said:
dsrules said:
you could just put your games into different folders

That's what I do now, but tagging gives more flexibility in how you want to order stuff - but it might just be me
smile.gif

Yes and you could also use that to search through your roms like you do with the search button on the forums but of course they'd need to make a search function to go along with the tags.

Mechlord

Trophies
XP
Country
Please, please add the ability to view text in a dual screen book layout. This is by far my most preferred method of reading ebooks, due to the position of the text in this format.
Touchpod has it, please bring it to sakura.

Also other than that, absolutely love sakura.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
here is the list of all your ideas so far convieniently compiled into a simple list:
1) An option so that you can only start/open something by sliding it and not just tapping it.
2) Make the little "M3 Sakura" movie when your boot up customizable.
3) Allow for scrolling in the recently used and applications list.
4) Make it so your can slide like normally in the recently used and application list.
5) Add a "Global Settings" place in the menu where you go into it and you can easily set a soft reset for all games at once or similar things.
6) able to chose m3sakura in the ds menu
7) an option to disable totally triggers(L and R) when playing music
8) when the global settings is open you will see a list which will shows every .nds file or gba on the microsd
example
O O New super maroi bros
O O Mario kart
O O Mario party

the first O would be on and the second would be off
9) e-book mode for text viewer(so the text appears like in a book)
10) mp3 and txt at the same time
11) disable buttons when the lid is closed.
12) In-game text reader ( to compete with CycloDS and DSOne )
13) Favorites game (like in iTouchDS), unlike the existing Recent Games (or you can use a "Pin" option like the recent documents in Office 2007)
14) Ability to switch between Sakura and Touchpod from within the OS (without pressing A button during startup)
15) Better homebrew support
16) Wii to Ds Linkage
17) The recently used apps/games screen shouldn't display apps from the launchpad
18) The launchpad should be able to show apps/games which aren't in the system/sakura/launch folder
19) The launchpad should be able to show more than five things
20) the option to Backup your save file to 1 or 2 or erase the current save file
21) L & R Buttons function to "prev" and "next" image in the "Image Viewer"
22) Be able to deselect a GBA/NDS Linked game
23) file options, copy, paste, move...
24) An option in the RTS menu to change the screen brightness without turning off the console
25) a nicer GUI for the RTS menu and been able to use the touchscreen in it.
26) Be able to hide folders, I don't like the fact that I have all the folders of my homebrew showing up (I have dskiosk so it wouldn't matter if they were hidden to me).
27) Have an option to start in a folder of your choosing when you boot up in Sakura. (Of course it's just an option so you'd still be able to boot and start in the folder you were last at).
28) Change the date and time in Sakura.
29) Be able to edit text files in Sakura (instead of just viewing).
30) Instead of making people place homebrew in the accesories folder, do what dskiosk does and have an ini file point to the location of the nds file.
31) Have a built in homebrew viewer/runner/organizer. Kind of like dskiosk but built into Sakura
32) See the ROM Header/ Internal Name
33) Sort the games by their Header/Internal Name
34) Obviously see the games Header/Internal Name in the Game list before launching
35) Support for more audio files
36) multi user support
37) Possibility to 'tag' roms, and to browse them based on their tags.
38) view text in a dual screen book layout

dhjohn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Two things that are missing from your list.

Support for "gbaframe.bmp" (A picture that is drawn in the empty space on the screen edges of gba games (like akaio does, not sure about others).
> In addition I think it'd be nice to have gba rom specific borders. Put the border in the same directory as the rom and with the same name.

Choose which screen gba games boot to. (I'd suggest just using the ds's setting)

~dhjohn

eth0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
26) Be able to hide folders
> you can sort of do this now, select the file/folder under windows and check the hidden checkbox in the properties dialog. (does not work on mac with SetFile -a V
frown.gif
)

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
eth0 said:
26) Be able to hide folders
> you can sort of do this now, select the file/folder under windows and check the hidden checkbox in the properties dialog. (does not work on mac with SetFile -a V
frown.gif
)
i think he means while browsing his microsd to have an .ini file that says to hide the folder ***

Envido32

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
I would also add an option in the photo viewer to exit with the touchscreen (not only with the B button) and make the already available buttons bigger (they are hard to see)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.