M3 Sakura on M3DS Real Help!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by 8BitWalugi, Jun 22, 2008.

Jun 22, 2008

M3 Sakura on M3DS Real Help! by 8BitWalugi at 9:23 AM (2,883 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. 8BitWalugi
    OP

Member 8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Australia
    I tried to get M3 Sakura working on my brothers M3DS Real but it comes up with an error:

!!A fatal error has occurred!!

Cluster link has been interrupted.
    File is possibly corrupt

Recovery method:
    Backup all files to a hard disk,
    and place them back after formatting the c

Applcation terminated

Can someone please help!

Also, the 'c' is cut off but i assume it means 'card'

2. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Well, just do what it tells you to do....
    That's a CheckDisk on boot, and it found an error on your microSD..

Format your card, and copy the files back on, everything will work then..

3. 8BitWalugi
    OP

Australia
    Ack! you being serious!?!?! i dont have the time to do that! got a lot of real life stuff to do and i dont want to screw it up for my brother! i know that i should backup the files but it takes ages for my crappy computer! sigh... i'll try... but if theres a simpler way...

also, what could happen as a result of a 'bad' card anyway?

4. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The worst that is likely to happen is that it'll become unreadable on both the DS and your PC, and you'll lose all the data on the card and have to reformat it without having the data backed up. You'll then have to download everything (unless you have copies on your PC), copy everything back to the microSD card, and re-configure everything.

-Bri

5. 8BitWalugi
    OP

Australia
    AHHHH!!!! How can i tell if my card is bad! Im using R4!!!!

also how does a 'bad' card happen?

and finally, how do i go about putting sakura on R4

and even more finally my bro just asked me if it is possible to change the loading screen

6. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Man, why are you so nervous?! Calm down..[​IMG]
    Your card is not bad if it works just fine, if there's no freezing and no problems...you're OK!! [​IMG]
    If you really want to check it out, connect microSD with the PC, and Analyze it with the Disk Defragmenter.. It should turn out blue, if it has red parts, just copy everything on your PC, format the card, and put the files back on..

Fragmentations/Corruption (or as you call it "bad card") happens while using microSD in flashcart...For example, it could happen if you're saving a game and suddenly, your battery die but saving was half way trough, then it's a big possibility that save file got corrupt....There is few situations like that, but actually, corruptions aren't that common....and whan they happen, it's not that bad at all, just do what I said with formatting and copying files on your PC..

For making Sakura bootable on R4, check the Sakura FAQ in my sig, and check the M3 section..You'll find your answers there....I can't remember the direct instructions what should you do..
    But you should know, that you won't be able to run games on hacked Sakura, only some homebrew and multimedia (videos, music, text etc..).....

For now, there isn't as we don't have a proper tool to change it....Maybe in the future, M3 Team releases some application for that..

7. 8BitWalugi
    OP

Australia
    Oh...
    Well, my bros card just corrupted. it cant be read. is it possible to fix it or do i have to get a new card

8. strata8

Member strata8 Look! A pointless distraction!

Australia
    If you're using Windows Vista, it should detect if there's something wrong with your card and it'll come up with a message saying "Do you wish to scan and fix (your card here)". I always say yes, and Sakura no longer displays the error. Much easier than reformatting your whole card.