M3 Sakura (Eng) Boot

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Boktai1000, Jun 26, 2008.

Jun 26, 2008

M3 Sakura (Eng) Boot by Boktai1000 at 5:33 AM (1,697 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Boktai1000
    OP

Newcomer Boktai1000 Member

United States
    Sorry if this has been asked before, guess I couldn't find it with the search but, when using the M3 Sakura Triple Boot (it also seems to happen in the single M3 Sakura English version), During the boot of Sakura theres a weird error screen for a second that says something about DLDI patching and correct ROM size or something, I can only see it for a second but the firmware works 100% other than that weird quirk. It would be nice even to find out how to remove it and just have a simple boot screen, even though its working just fine usually if theres an error there is something wrong, I do know that this firmware is an unofficial hack but still I thought that maybe someone here will know whats going on. Thanks.

2. Quad5Ny

Newcomer Quad5Ny Member

United States
    I get the same thing and like you said, everything works fine.

Also, does anyone know how to change the splash screen?

-Quad

3. Nagaroth

Newcomer Nagaroth Member

Spain
    Same thing for me, I've tried to figure out the problem but haven't had any luck. About the splash screen, I'm not sure which one you mean but everything is fully customizable with the right tools and knowledge [​IMG]

4. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    lol @ moonshell error!

this error appears for everyone and is of no concern, unless you actually freeze on the error screen.

no one has released any hack to remove the error screen. it's pretty harmless but you'll have to deal with it for now.

5. strata8

Member strata8 Look! A pointless distraction!

Australia
    Splash.ani should be able to be changed, I tried some custom moonshell spash.ani's with it, but it didn't boot. Does a tool come with Sakura? Because one came with Moonshell.

6. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    but i don't think splash.ani can cover the whole screen and hence error message, only the top portion of it. (could be mistaken in regards to sakura here though, but i doubt it)

7. Quad5Ny

Newcomer Quad5Ny Member

United States
    I tried 256x192 to cover only the top screen, and 256x384 to cover both. Both times, it causes sakuras loading to stop.

8. Boktai1000
    OP

United States
    So does anyone actually know how to get rid of the error part of the boot, and does that have to do with splash.ani or is that something else?

9. Quad5Ny

Newcomer Quad5Ny Member

United States
    I'm 99% sure its separate from the splash.ani.

10. b00kl33ch

Newcomer b00kl33ch Newbie

United States
    Crap, I wish I'd seen this post earlier I was error free earlier, all I did was take my card as it was (sandisk 4gb HDSC), and delete my real system folder and stick on the sakura system folder, no errors, even when I put all my files from the different directories (cause of the 128 file limit on the real), into the root and lock the system folder so brats couldn't play, still no error.

Then I decided to reformat my drive and put it all back again, crap errors started, I then did it several more times with just the system folder (didn't like that at all), then again and again, then thought screw it its still working I'll leave it and ignore the message.

Now I see this thread, if only I had seen it two hours ago it would have saved me formating, copying etc etc, ahhh!

11. Boktai1000
    OP

United States
    If you re figure out the formating, make sure to post it here [​IMG]