Hacking M3 Realtronic skin!!

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
This is skin made for personal use and as an competition entry on official M3 support forums..the competition is down for over four months, so I'm sharing my skin for you to check it out.
The skin is very detailed and carefully made project, and the theme of the skin may not be by everybodys taste, but hopefully, some of you will find it very nice, well made and interesting..

I've decided to post this, because Sakura is delayed, and somone might find this skin enjoyable until Sakura release..
Everything is my work, icons are fully animated (be aware that animated icons slow down GUI response even more!!), and I would really appreciate your comments, critique, or words of praise, so I could know you're opinions and feelings of this skin..

Cheers, and enjoy this "masterpiece"..

Here is the link: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2371

Please, do comment..

chaotic_geo

Trophies
Website
thegamingforum.org
XP
Country
[2371]top_desktop.png

^^ That is awesome - looks so sleek on the DS. Seriously, well done for that.
yaynds.gif

Animations on the buttons are pretty amazing but... it took me about 6 seconds to load them, that could do with improving. Also the green background on the touch screen around the buttons could do with a little more detail (as detailed as the top).

Great job!

I wanna see more work from you
wink.gif

Toni Plutonij

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Thank you very much chaotic_geo, on your respond, and critique, I really appreciate it..

Animations were done trough some period of work, there are all custom pictures, some of them are taken with my camera, and some drawn with photoshop..I'm well aware of the time it takes to load it all, but there isn't anything I could actually do (they should made some skin compressor for Reals original firmware, and then, it would work much better, bur now, it is how it is
frown.gif
)
The part with the touch screen was a little bit detailed around the edges (just the way you suggested) at first, but it actually didn't work out that well like the clean green background..This way, it fits the icons much more better (because the main menu and game menu uses the same background, so I must adopt it, so it would fit everything)..
I'm glad you like it, hopefully others will like it to..

I actually did some more skins (mainly for Simply), but there is one great skin for MoonShell I've made..It fits with this Realtronic perfectly, it's also a BioMechanical skin..I can upload it if you like (but have to make some minor changes)..I don't upload and share my skins, because I make them personally, there is my name on it, or stuff like that (some personal details), so others wouldn't enjoy it as I do..
And, it would suck if my skins were bad, because, I'm a graphic designer, so I MUST know to make them good!!

tguellich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing skin! Thank you for putting it out there for people to see and use. It is now my favorite skin. A few seconds is a small price to pay for those awesome animated skins. Well done and please keep posting your work.

Toni Plutonij

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
blush.gif
Well, thanks for those kind words..
I'm planning to do something amazing for the Sakura when final version comes, I believe some great things can be done with..

I got only this two comments, but they are great..Thank you both!! I guess it is a good skin..

I'm proud!

Toni Plutonij

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
..haha..nice question (it actually flatter me)..but no..

Slave has his own account here, I'm familiar with his work..I had some of his M3 Simply skins..(there was one skin that used same base as I used for this one, but I saw it only after I completed this)..

He really improved in his "skinning career"..

Toni Plutonij

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yes, I said, I've seen this..If i manage to find a source pic, I'll post it..I don't have anything from ripping someone other work!!
wink.gif

I thought it was pretty funny to see the same picture, because I've taken that picture from some biomechanical tattoo site..ANd if you look better, you'll see there are some differences in details (and mine was black/white) this one is in colour..It would be even better if I'd use this one..

EDIT: If you think I'm a liar, here's the proof, check the radioactivity sign in the middle, he removed it to put M3 logo, I've used original picture (only I've colored it green, so it looks shiny)..I couldn't have the original if I've used his one..

Just enjoy the skin!!

KooLDiMe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Nice job Toni! feels like im in Terminator's age or somethin..
biggrin.gif

to reduce slow response, i just remove some buttons animations.. n it's still looks cool anyway!
yaynds.gif

Toni Plutonij

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yes, I'm a HUGE terminator fan..(and the font used for skinning is official Terminator 2 font!)

And, I've included full animated version for download (but I use this skin without animations, I just keep the clean picture, and for the "rollover" effect, the one that has the picture in behind and the name of what is it for, for example, media button has only play symbol, and when I come to that option with d-pad, or touch it, then the picture gets title over it saying "media"-but without all those animation in-between)..

gangsterboi

Trophies
Website
www.europe-nintendo.com
XP
Country
I know this is a bit of an old topic, but i just had to say how cool your skin is! If i was a judge for the gba nds support site skin contest this would most likely win! It's now my favorite skin. I don't mind waiting a few extra seconds loading the menu because it's got such great animations and the best top_desktop I've seen so far.

Great work.

Toni Plutonij

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Thank you
wink.gif
I hoped that I would be one of the winners, as I put lots of effort in making this one, I said already, I've made one MoonShell skin to match this one, and it is even better altogether than this one..(it has even more biomechanical feeling)..
It is sad that they abandoned competition..I wonder if they'll ever come back to the official M3 Support site and update it..I wonder what would be their excuse..

Nevermind that, I'm vary happy you like it that much..Fell free to use it forever!!
(Maybe I'll even make Sakura skin based on this one)

Toni Plutonij

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I LOVE having lots of files to modify (that's called real skinning)..I never liked the way that M3 Simply, R4 or CycloDS GUI looks..it is too simply to skin it properly..
I actually can't wait to get Sakura and try personalize it..
If I'll ever make it..I'll post it here so you guys can tell me if it's any good!!
wink.gif

Toni Plutonij

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hey chaotic_geo..I can remove animations, and I can make it faster than it is with animations, but there is no skin that is fast as the default one, because default is encoded into a firmware, and any other added skin will be a bit slower because firmware needs to read additional files (pictures) to show it as skin..

Actually, there's no need for me to upload the same skin but without animations, you can do it yourself, if you don't know how, I can explain you here..You'll need to rename some files, and delete some..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night