M3 Real when??

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by member67444, Apr 23, 2007.

Apr 23, 2007

M3 Real when?? by member67444 at 3:29 AM (1,508 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. member67444
    OP

Newcomer member67444 Member

United States
    I just got my [​IMG] I want to know how I have to wait before I can get a M3 real to Australia. Money isn't a problem. Only time. If it will be too long I will just get a R4 now and sell it later on. But I don't want the M3 real to come out just a few days after I get my R4...

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Nobody knows. You should get an R4 now. The M3 is scheduled to be released after the G6DS Real, and seeing as that hasn't even hit retailers yet, it'll be a while (2 months?)

3. fischju_original

Banned fischju_original I used to be a jerk before i got banned

United States
    I don't know why you would want a Real (M3 or G6), unless they have ram for gba games which would make them extremely expensive, so just got for the R4

4. misticknight

Member misticknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    yer i suggest you get a R4, if you in Australia order from bamboo gaming, it's only $37 AND for now free shipping. grab a kingston 1 gig microSD from there for $20 and Roberts your fathers brother mate.

5. TheSpade

Member TheSpade GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    M3 DS Real is set to debut sometime this summer. Unfortunately, I have no further information available to me than this. While G6 DS Real (in my possession) does not presently bear any means to play GBA within itself nor has the confirmed memory expansion that M3 DS Real is presumed to carry, it's too soon to consider it eliminated from consideration. If you are wanting a great flash card today, then yes, M3 DS Simply or its clone, R4 DS, is an outstanding choice. Just make sure you nab a Japan-made Kingston or PNY to get the best out of it.

6. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Okay I think you mean M3 DS Real, but yea. They may improve compatibility with all cards somehow.

7. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    The M3 Simply is a clone of the R4.

8. TheSpade

United States
    I'm afraid that you are incorrect. GBAlpha, parent company of G6 and M3, designed and produced the boards. R4 does not own their own lab. However, Team R4 has been heading the software development of both cards, while GBAlpha has been primarily focused on producing the G6 DS Real and the upcoming M3 DS Real.

9. stop_loading

Member stop_loading GBAtemp Regular

perfect download compatibility and perfect overall compatibility worth a wait, R4 doesnt mimic a real ds cart, a perfect cart would have 2 options: a perfect unpatched mode and on fly patched like R4 for cheat options and stuff

10. member67444
    OP

Newcomer member67444 Member

United States
    Do people really think it will take 2 months? I heard the G6 will be sold by retailers this week.

11. TheSpade

United States
    I seriously doubt that. The moment retailers are able to order their stock, the pricing will be announced. Note that no retailer let alone GBAlpha has announced any solid price info. Also, not all of the G6 files are public yet, not even to us reviewers. We're still waiting on a few (extras, but still needed for reviewing purposes) along with other inquiries.

12. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    Aaahh, I didn't know that. Cheers for the info.

13. zelgadis

Member zelgadis GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    So with this one can host games if some one else isnt using a flashed ds or flash card? And you can finally upload to your wii? Because using the m3 lite and im sure the others you cant, im trying in particular with pokemon diamond with the wii game. Mine doesnt work due to being "fake" and my friends does. And i have tried it with the english and japanese game (nds one).

14. TheSpade

United States
    As for the Wii-DS connectability, a fellow member here, SpikeyNDS, tried to play Pokemon with a flash card, and it would not handshake. Seems the Wii also has trouble with the broadcast signal from the DS using a flash card like Download Play. Until someone can adjust the code on the system side of the flash cards, don't expect it to work unless you actually own the game.

15. zelgadis

Member zelgadis GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    Well, I figured that if this card did/does do the 100% compatibility with single hosting, etc. that this should work. I'm holding out for this card upgrade hoping that it will [​IMG]