PettingZoo

yesss
OP
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
I own an M3 Real, but I'm just wondering why do people like the CycloDS over the M3 Real? The only advantage it has over the Real to me is the ingame menu, and people complain about M3 Real menus to be weird. I don't understand why they don't just use the triple booter.

Could someone please fill me in about why the CycloDS is valued over the Real?

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
PettingZoo said:
Still no replies?
You only waited an hour. On topic: one major reason is that team Cyclops have official forums where they take feature requests and whatnot. I don't think the M3 team has this as I don't think they speak English.

mad567

D. Gregar
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Greece
QUOTE said:
I own an M3 Real, but I'm just wondering why do people like the CycloDS over the M3 Real? The only advantage it has over the Real to me is the ingame menu, and people complain about M3 Real menus to be weird. I don't understand why they don't just use the triple booter.

Could someone please fill me in about why the CycloDS is valued over the Real?

Well I think because Team cyclo is much more active,,,,,Well the in game menu is also an advantage....about the menu i think people stuck with the r4 menu and that's why they preffer cyclo because its menu is much more like the r4's....................

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
No, I'm closing this thread because VS. thread always end up in flames, and besides we already have bunch of them in the past!

CycloDS is considered better because it has more features, it has more active Team that works on it, it has more advanced updates (and faster), and many people seem to enjoy simplicity of the menu, in comparison with M3 Reals TouchPod or Sakura!

Actually, I'll keep it open for some time, and see what will happen.....First signs of flaming, and I'm closing it!

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sir-Fritz said:
PettingZoo said:
Still no replies?
You only waited an hour. On topic: one major reason is that team Cyclops have official forums where they take feature requests and whatnot. I don't think the M3 team has this as I don't think they speak English.
That's not true. The M3 Team has even registered on GBAtemp (under the username g6team
lecture.gif
).

The CycloDS Evolution does have a few extra features, but in my opinion it's not worth the extra money.

The M3 Real has Sakura, which is a very nice menu. Also, it has the best GBA support of any Slot-1 card in combination with the M3 Real GBA Expansion Pack.

The CycloDS Evolution has an ingame menu with more features, including reading a walkthrough without closing the game. It also supports Soft Reset in homebrew.

The differences aren't that big, but the price does!

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For a long time the biggest feature people said the CycloDS had over the M3DS Real was real time save. That's no longer true, since an update gave the M3DS Real RTS. The only advantages the CycloDS has over the M3DS Real is better support from the team and the in game menu. I have to admit that reading walkthroughs while in game would be nice. But is it worth the extra money? Not even close.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If only M3 has ingame text reader. But still it depends on the person on which one they like. I like Cyclos features, but i also prefer having sakura over any features Cyclo has. Thats just me.

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maikel Steneker said:
Also, it has the best GBA support of any Slot-1 card in combination with the M3 Real GBA Expansion Pack.
That could be argued, seeing as the EZ-Flash 3in1 is virtually the same thing with added rumble.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ENDscape said:
If only M3 has ingame text reader. But still it depends on the person on which one they like. I like Cyclos features, but i also prefer having sakura over any features Cyclo has. Thats just me.
I have a felling in-game-text will be added eventually
ph34r.gif

will wait to official release though some time this month to see new features and such

Dwight said:
QUOTE(Maikel Steneker @ Dec 7 2008, 04:26 AM) Also, it has the best GBA support of any Slot-1 card in combination with the M3 Real GBA Expansion Pack.
That could be argued, seeing as the EZ-Flash 3in1 is virtually the same thing with added rumble.

EZ Flash doesnt have:
Real Time Clock
Real Time Save
GBA Cheats

assuming you are using this with the m3 real only...

M3 GBA Exp doesnt have:
NOR memory
Rumble

nor would be kinda useful but not really a problem
rumble is pointless (perfect m3 bundle comes with a rumble pack also)

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
ENDscape said:
I have a felling in-game-text will be added eventually
ph34r.gif

will wait to official release though some time this month to see new features and such
Yes yes im pretty sure M3 will have all that Cyclo has. Then again i think every flashcart will have the same features as others,someday.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it would be nice with RPG's, other games I couldnt really see using it
same with RTS, only use it with 2 games,(nice to have though) I use GBA RTS a lot more

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I think the GBA features of the Real is really the best thing it has over the Cyclo. Sakura is nice, but it's GUI feature rather than a gameplay feature, which I think is more important in a flashcart.

What really kills the Real for me though is the support. The continual delay for the English version of Sakura is one thing. Another is the fact that the new RTS feature is for the old firmware. Why can't it be implemented in the new firmware, or why do they bother updating old firmware at all, and not just concentrate on the Sakura? Having to switch between two firmwares to do different things just seem unnecessarily complicated to me. Not to mention the triple loader and the Sakura hack is fan-made so if it weren't for them Western users wouldn't even be using Sakura now. The M3 team did squat.

Having said that, I don't think the Cyclo is good value for money compared to the Real. What it has over the Real isn't actually worth the extra price, in my opinion. The price is still reasonable though so I don't really have a complaint with it.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chrono_Tata said:
I think the GBA features of the Real is really the best thing it has over the Cyclo. Sakura is nice, but it's GUI feature rather than a gameplay feature, which I think is more important in a flashcart.

What really kills the Real for me though is the support. The continual delay for the English version of Sakura is one thing. Another is the fact that the new RTS feature is for the old firmware. Why can't it be implemented in the new firmware, or why do they bother updating old firmware at all, and not just concentrate on the Sakura? Having to switch between two firmwares to do different things just seem unnecessarily complicated to me. Not to mention the triple loader and the Sakura hack is fan-made so if it weren't for them Western users wouldn't even be using Sakura now. The M3 team did squat.

Having said that, I don't think the Cyclo is good value for money compared to the Real. What it has over the Real isn't actually worth the extra price, in my opinion. The price is still reasonable though so I don't really have a complaint with it.
you should read the m3 section every once and a while
yaynds.gif

m3 sakura official english + m3 original "toruchpad" dual boot will be released this month
sakura will now have RTS now as well as many new features
english ver is complete, they are working on all the other languages now (asia ver will be released this week)
M3 DSi Real announced

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Joe88 said:
you should read the m3 section every once and a while
yaynds.gif

m3 sakura official english + m3 original "toruchpad" dual boot will be released this month
sakura will now have RTS now as well as many new features
english ver is complete, they are working on all the other languages now (asia ver will be released this week)
M3 DSi Real announced
I do, actually.
tongue.gif
They left it ridiculously late though, that was what I was trying to get at. It should have been done ages ago (English Sakura that is). A case of too little, too late, as the saying goes.

Though, as always I am somewhat sceptical of their claim that these updates will be released soon. They were saying English Sakura would be released soon back when Sakura recently came out. =__=" Oh well. We'll see. Maybe if these updates are good I'd switch back to my Real.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The GBA support is a good point to bring up. The M3DS Real is the only cart I know of to have a GBA in-game menu. It doesn't have NOR, but since games load really quickly (about 10 seconds for a Pokemon game) it's not really needed. The only thing the CycloDS has over the M3DS Real is the in-game text reader. Not worth $20.

@Joe88: Can you link me to the thread where it talks about the official release of M3 Sakura English?

PettingZoo

yesss
OP
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
I use the triple booter only for the reason that Sakura doesn't auto DLDI patch homebrew, so the homebrew that needs patching I use the M3 Real original firmware
biggrin.gif
. Im also not sure why the iTouch DS firmware is in there, but it proves handy for playing Warcraft: TD. As for the ingame text viewer on the CycloDS, well I usually just RTS or soft reset then read the guide and return back to my game. Either that or have an actual piece of paper with me.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
@Joe88: Can you link me to the thread where it talks about the official release of M3 Sakura English?

M3 DSi Real: (and other general m3 related news)
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1610095

M3 Sakura update:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1606132 (dual boot screen shot included)
ahtin is very reputable
yaynds.gif
That's great that they're going to have a dual boot, but where does it say that it'll be released this month? Also, what's the point of a dual boot if Sakura has all the features of TouchPod? Sorry if this is a little off topic...

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
That's great that they're going to have a dual boot, but where does it say that it'll be released this month? Also, what's the point of a dual boot if Sakura has all the features of TouchPod? Sorry if this is a little off topic...
It was said in some other post in the same thread, if you really want to see the post, just check few pages around that one, you'll find it..

And point of having both Sakura and TouchPod is that some prefer style of TouchPod, while others prefer Sakura, so they left both options opened, so all customers would be satisfied! (the same thing is written by ahtin in one of the posts in the same thread)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.