M3 Real, Still a good choice?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by GWizard, Aug 6, 2008.

Aug 6, 2008

M3 Real, Still a good choice? by GWizard at 3:56 AM (2,770 Views / 0 Likes) 25 replies

1. GWizard
    OP

Newcomer GWizard Member

United States
    I'm not sure if I should be posting a topic for this, but is M3 Real still a good choice?
    I didn't hear of it for a while.

2. triple-sevenz

Member triple-sevenz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    great with the hacked sakura fw. but it depends wat you're looking for. if your looking for more features, cyclo or supercard ds one are better choices. if you're looking for a cart taht lacks features but its cheap, dstt/ttds is pretty good. to me the m3 real is a balanced card. not too expensive nor inexpensive but lacking the features like rts while maintaining good compatibility.

3. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Nicely said triple-sevenz..
    M3 is a great cart..The only thing is that M3 Team slowly updates the cart with features (game updates are VERY fast), but we've waiting for english Sakura for quite some time now..maybe, they're implementing some new features, we'll see..

However, if you ask for a Real as a good choice, I'd say YES....especially when used with Sakura..

4. littlestevie

Member littlestevie GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    M3Real and sakura was my cart of choice until intrest in new DS games dropped off the radar, and i had to sell my DS

5. Flawsdraw

Member Flawsdraw GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    M3 is a great Cart i test all games to find ones i like and so far 100% compatability.. RTS should b saved for emulators i hate using it whats the point of a game where u can save where u want when ur not meant to lol but yea its a good cart and with the GBA Expansion you got a whole catalog of GBA games aswell to play..

6. Kizmatti

Newcomer Kizmatti Member

United States
    ^^^^

I never have understood the value in RTS either, nor do I care if a cart supports it.

I have owned 2 m3 simplys - wife and daughter use these now

and I have bought the m3 real with GBA expansion pak, both models have been really great carts, play any game I want, and still run flawlessly.

7. Dark^'^Knigh

Member Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    RTS is good for kids, especially when:
    parents turn off the DS mid-game because it's time for bed! (nb: I'm a parent) [​IMG]

8. superbob

Member superbob GBAtemp Regular

France
    M3 real is a really good choice, even with the original m3 real system (i mean without sakura).
    It has a great compatibility (NDS, GBA, Homebrew, µSDHC, ...), a lot of system updates (i think team m3 is the one who provide the most system updates)
    I bought mine about one or two weeks ago, and i'm really fan (it works very well)
    Personnally i recommand the perfect pack (with m3 gba expansion) because playing gba games is a plus, and it is well recognized as ram expansion (for snemulDS for example, to improve emulation)
    I agree that some other card have more features, and some other are cheaper, but as triple-sevenz said, it is very well balanced.

9. saxamo

Member saxamo Spaaaaace!

United States
    I haven't gotten around to installing sakura on my M3 real yet but even using the original firmware I can say it's a great cart.

10. Shebang

Member Shebang GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    I have a M3 Real and it is okay. It boots slower than the Simply that I have in the other DSlite. But that's about it. The Real had few crashes, the Simply none at all.

-shebang

11. saxamo

Member saxamo Spaaaaace!

United States
    the only crashes I get sometimes are with conflicting or broken cheats.

12. gangsterboi

Member gangsterboi GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    M3 real is a good card and thats just with a hacked firmware. Another option, as said above, would be the cyclo. Has more features such as rts (real time saving). There is always the acekard2 it's cheap with a good gui, plenty of features and so on. It's really up to you.

13. marational

Newcomer marational Advanced Member

Canada
    M3's a good card. Not loaded with features, but it has what's necessary for a good gaming experience.
    Sakura works great, and you can expect a lot of support and updates from the development team.

14. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    and dont forget the triple firmware loader

15. Frederica Bernkastel

Member Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

United Kingdom
    Overall,
    Buy it.
    If you want RTS then CycloDS
    If you want a complecated cheat format, then Supercard
    If you want a cart that plays games, R4 and M3 Real
    If you want a crappy card that plays games, N5 and Nd1 "revoloution for DS"
    If you want a cheap, yet cyclods-ish card then Edge
    if you want a card with built in memory, then Acekard
    if you want motion support R6 Gold

If you want a card that has loads of hardware and software upgrades, NDS-GBA linkage, Slot-2 booting, GBA support, GBA RTS, NDS cheat-switch and loads more features, then the M3 is the perfect choice

16. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    I would reccomend it as a good cart, just...

I'm afraid they might drop it like they did with the Simply & R4....

I would also reccomend a TTDS or ItouchDS.

17. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    doubt they will drop it anytime soon.
    the m3real is still the best they have to offer, and with m3sakura it can still keep up with other flashcarts.

18. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Well yes, not to mention that RTS, RTG and all those extra features are possible to add via firmware update, but I doubt they will (still, there is hope)..

I'm really wondering what are they doing for so long with Sakura official english?
    I mean, we did it in few days, and that required hacking, they really don't need nothing like that..I guess they are improving some parts, but don't know what!

19. eureca

Newcomer eureca Advanced Member

United States
    Im planing on ordering a M3 real tomorrow. Just wondering 1 thing. Whats better the M3 real card or Itouch?

Are they both the same since I can run each firmware on one another? If I did plan on going the triple boot loader thing whats better the M3 real or Itouch or are they exactly the same? If the are the same I might aswell get the cheaper itouch right?

Well Ive been planing on ordering the M3 real tomorrow but just want to make sure that im not making a mistake not getting the Itouch instead. If anyone can help me out here it would be much appreciated.

20. unz

Member unz Chaotic Neutral

Australia
    The only mistake you could make is buying the iTouch if you can afford the M3 Real. I bought an iTouch, had it a couple of weeks, then gave it to a mate's kid because even though it ran Sakura, it just felt cheap. Also, there's no guarantee the M3 Team will allow the official english Sakura to run on the iTouch when it's finally released. So now I have an M3 Real and I'm very happy with it.