M3 Real savestates

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by SamSwashbuckler, Apr 9, 2008.

Apr 9, 2008

M3 Real savestates by SamSwashbuckler at 5:03 PM (1,603 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. SamSwashbuckler
    OP

Newcomer SamSwashbuckler Member

Canada
    Hello, I have an M3 DS Real (Perfect Bundle) and it plays games just fine, I'm very happy with it.

What I'm wondering, is whether it's possible to use Savestates in DS games, as are frequently seen in emulators. For example, the Game/Save State menu option in the SNES emulator zSNES.

I don't like to cheat, but I also don't like to work through the same part of a game 500x just to die at the same spot; savestates are a nice compromise. Hope it can be done!

2. warmijwilfaain

Member warmijwilfaain War Mage MILF

United Kingdom
    If it was possible we'd all do it [​IMG]

3. lilaznkilla

Member lilaznkilla GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    The current firmware doesn't support saves states but maybe the Sakura firmware will.

4. jadaramiro

jadaramiro Newbie

i have a question regarding this to but instead i am trying to use save state with GBA. i am playing SSF2T Revival & before i load it there's a mode stating RTSave switch which i turn on & from what i've read, to do save state i have to press L+R+Y to bring up a menu during gameplay but nothing happens. i am under M3Sakura firmware using the Touch layout menu. Thanks

5. jadaramiro

jadaramiro Newbie

*double post*

6. dsrules

Member dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

the RealTime Save function already does that..that's the purpose of it

7. dfgged

Member dfgged GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If your playing GBA the X and Y buttons don't work. Try a different combination.
    Back to the topic, isn't real time save exactly the same as savestate? If your using the latest sakura NDS games have RTS, which can have up to 3 backup saves.

8. GaciX 69

Newcomer GaciX 69 Member

Chile
    From what I remember i think that RTS in Touchpod and Sakura must be enabled before the game is launched (press X when selecting the ROM). And in GBA mode, the RTS menu is activated by pressing L+R+A+B (correct me this if I'm wrong).