Hacking M3 Real Rumble Pak

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it's just to enable the rumble feature of some games that use it
(can be used for example for metroid prime hunters, custom robo arena, and pokemon pinball(gbc, with lameboy emulator))

RebelX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah like thedicemaster said its to enable rumble features (obviously) for games that have it. It doesn't have RAM unless you bought the version that had RAM in it.

The rumble pack, in my opinion, is extremely cheap and poorly built. It works, but when it rumbles the sound of it is so loud and annoying. I didn't even want it in the first place, but it was the only way to get the GBA Expansion Pak.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
9-Voltage said:
Is it possible to find a bundle that includes the Expansion Pak and slot-1? I have no need for rumble.
there are 5 m3real bundles.
1:m3sakura, slightly different design, but runs the same and comes without expansion
2:m3real no bundle, just an m3real
3:m3real rumble, comes with a rumble pack
4:m3real rumble-ram, comes with 1 expansion that serves as rumble pack and browser ram at the same time
5:m3real perfect, comes with 2 expansions, 1 rumble, and 1 GBA/ram which can be used as browser ram, and to launch GBA games.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You could get the M3 Real (by itself) and the GBA Expansion Pack separately at RHS, but it would cost $61.50 plus shipping as opposed to $55.00 plus shipping for the M3 Real - Rumble - GBA Expansion Pack bundle. You might as well just get the bundle.

*EDIT*
You can also get it at DX plus some extra shells for even less ($44.90, free shipping).

Rob_Threat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Densetsu3000 said:
You could get the M3 Real (by itself) and the GBA Expansion Pack separately at RHS, but it would cost $61.50 plus shipping as opposed to $55.00 plus shipping for the M3 Real - Rumble - GBA Expansion Pack bundle. You might as well just get the bundle.

*EDIT*
You can also get it at DX plus some extra shells for even less ($44.90, free shipping).

I've shopped with both. Both are honest sellers, but RealHotStuff is best. I know he charges more, but if you live in North America (Canada/US/Mexico) RHS just rules. He'll replace anything that goes bad... you just ship it back to him. He's in Jersey, I'm in Cali (US East coast to US West coast)... every order I've placed has come in two days. Unheard of for USPS Priority (he uses MAGIC!! or lives near a US Postal Service hub, I do).

On the other hand, if you don't mind waiting... DX is a lot cheaper. I've never had to return anything, but I've read they're good/slow.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm in Cali too
grog.gif

Yeah RHS is definitely magic. I ordered from them on Friday during the 4th of July weekend. I assumed that the order wouldn't be processed until the following Monday because Friday was a holiday, and then once it was processed, I could expect it in 2-3 days (Wednesday or Thursday). Sure enough, the package arrived in the mail on Monday morning! They must have elves working 24-7 all year!

Never shopped with DX but I've only heard good things about them, with the only con being that it takes anywhere between 1-2 months for your order to arrive. DX sells the M3 Real Perfect Bundle for $6 less than RHS does, but if you live in North America there's absolutely no reason not to drop the extra $6 and get it in a few days as opposed to a month.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Densetsu3000 said:
Hey, I'm in Cali too
grog.gif

Yeah RHS is definitely magic. I ordered from them on Friday during the 4th of July weekend. I assumed that the order wouldn't be processed until the following Monday because Friday was a holiday, and then once it was processed, I could expect it in 2-3 days (Wednesday or Thursday). Sure enough, the package arrived in the mail on Monday morning! They must have elves working 24-7 all year!

Never shopped with DX but I've only heard good things about them, with the only con being that it takes anywhere between 1-2 months for your order to arrive. DX sells the M3 Real Perfect Bundle for $6 less than RHS does, but if you live in North America there's absolutely no reason not to drop the extra $6 and get it in a few days as opposed to a month.
usually DX delivers in 2 weeks.
the cases where it takes 1 or 2 months are probably when ordering around december, when everyone wants a flashcart for christmas.

Upperleft

Namcoholic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
an Ewin expansion pak will act like a M3Real expansion (the M3Real reads it as it's own expansion)
but i couldn't find it anywhere other than psxboy
frown.gif

Rob_Threat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Densetsu3000 said:
Hey, I'm in Cali too
grog.gif

The RHS guy is super nice too. Can't say enough good things about him.

DX is $10 + S&H less on the DSReal bundle ($44.90 vs $55.00 + S&H), but I still say RHS is the better deal IF you're a Norte Americano.

To DX's credit, my orders come in about seven working days (ten actual days) after processing (three days). I've bought from several dealers in China... DX was by far the best.

CALI!! What What?!
smile.gif

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Upperleft said:
an Ewin expansion pak will act like a M3Real expansion (the M3Real reads it as it's own expansion)
but i couldn't find it anywhere other than psxboy
frown.gif
And it lacks some features (mostly the clock, although I believe the smaller SRAM makes Real-Time-Saving difficult)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)