M3 Real review

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by wiithepeople, Nov 4, 2007.

Nov 4, 2007

M3 Real review by wiithepeople at 12:39 AM (2,772 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. wiithepeople
    OP

Member wiithepeople ^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D

United States
  2. NDS_N00b

Newcomer NDS_N00b Member

Portugal
    agree. i have read the review and i didn't find anyting that would convince me to buy a M3Real over a CycloDS. I will get a NDSLite on Christmas, and i'm still not so sure about what to buy, a Cyclo or a M3Real, and the review looks nice, it's informative, but didn't helped me...

Cyclo + Ewin expansion Pack still looks the best combo for DS & GBA roms & Homebrews... agree anyone?

3. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    well, i must say M3 Real is pretty cheap, cheaper than cyclo.

and considering G6 real always had wii connectivity downpat, and they share the same loader, i think it should work fine.

4. iritegood

Member iritegood GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well I did learn one thing, that all the included software can't stand up to the more popular homebrew. I skimmed through the review but can someone clarify something for me? Can you replace the included media player with moonshell like you could replace moonshell in the R4?

5. NDS_N00b

Newcomer NDS_N00b Member

Portugal
    yeah, that's one of my questions also, can you trade the PDA that the M3real has for the DSOrganizer? i mean, "attach" the DSOrganize with the icon that appers on the menu of the M3Real?

6. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    At the moment no, but something similar may be planned in the future *clue*!

7. NDS_N00b

Newcomer NDS_N00b Member

Portugal
    i guess i will wait for the review of the M3Real by PharaohsVizier to see what slot-1 solution i will buy [​IMG] thanks for all the tips i have been giving where on the forum, it as helped me a lot!

8. dodol

Member dodol GBAtemp Regular

United States
    can m3 real soft reset from GBA mode ?

9. 4saken

Australia
    No. Not possible

10. MrKuenning

Member MrKuenning GBAtemp Regular

United States
    One review I read said you have to place your nds files in an nds folder. Is that true? If so can you still have subfolders? Cause I organze my hombrew / games in folders and subfolders.

Also they say the interface is skinnable, yet I cant find a single skin site out there....?

Edit: I found some skins. But I still want to know about the Wii connectability.

11. 4saken

Australia
    You need NDS games in the NDS folder. Homebrew can be in the root only (for G6 anyway)

12. 4saken

Australia
    There is actually a small collection of G6R skins that will work with the current M3R firmware (7 icons). Most of them are by ridgecity. These will all work (in fact, ridgecity has created a duplicate thread in the M3 section with his exact same skins in it) until they add the 8th icon (probably in development already as a shortcut to a game/homebrew)

13. MrKuenning

Member MrKuenning GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Got it, I knoticed that some skinns had 9 icons on the home, and some have 6. Makes more since now.

So do you know it PBR works with the Real?

14. 4saken

Australia
    9 O_O? It will have to be tested since the way the game runs is not necessarily the same as the way the G6 Real runs game (this is true). Though it is likely to work.

15. CZroe

Member CZroe GBAtemp Regular

United States
    What is this "Wii connectivity" you guys are talking about? The only game I heard about connectivity was Pokemon Battle Revolution, which is a Wii game and should be able to send whatever software it wants to send when you do DS download play. Because that doesn't use the M3DSr at all, I don't see how support is relevant (just remove it).

I have the Wii Pokemon... I've had it for months but I have yet to open it. [​IMG]

16. 4saken

Australia
    It does. Don't you need to be logged onto Pokemon to initiate a connection?

17. CZroe

Member CZroe GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You mean, Pokemon D/P for DS? If so, that's game interoperability, which is beyond simple DS interoperability. That's as opposed to the Wii simply sending a DS Download Play file for private screens and what not (final Fantasy Crystal Chronicle + GBA style).