Hacking M3 Real review

NDS_N00b

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Generally I like ISO-420 reviews, they are short an to the point, but frankly I don't think this review answered any questions... Things like wii connectivity, details about the gba expansion are completely missing.

agree. i have read the review and i didn't find anyting that would convince me to buy a M3Real over a CycloDS. I will get a NDSLite on Christmas, and i'm still not so sure about what to buy, a Cyclo or a M3Real, and the review looks nice, it's informative, but didn't helped me...

Cyclo + Ewin expansion Pack still looks the best combo for DS & GBA roms & Homebrews... agree anyone?

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
well, i must say M3 Real is pretty cheap, cheaper than cyclo.

and considering G6 real always had wii connectivity downpat, and they share the same loader, i think it should work fine.

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I did learn one thing, that all the included software can't stand up to the more popular homebrew. I skimmed through the review but can someone clarify something for me? Can you replace the included media player with moonshell like you could replace moonshell in the R4?

NDS_N00b

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yeah, that's one of my questions also, can you trade the PDA that the M3real has for the DSOrganizer? i mean, "attach" the DSOrganize with the icon that appers on the menu of the M3Real?

NDS_N00b

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i guess i will wait for the review of the M3Real by PharaohsVizier to see what slot-1 solution i will buy
wink.gif
thanks for all the tips i have been giving where on the forum, it as helped me a lot!

MrKuenning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One review I read said you have to place your nds files in an nds folder. Is that true? If so can you still have subfolders? Cause I organze my hombrew / games in folders and subfolders.

Also they say the interface is skinnable, yet I cant find a single skin site out there....?

Edit: I found some skins. But I still want to know about the Wii connectability.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
One review I read said you have to place your nds files in an nds folder. Is that true? If so can you still have subfolders? Cause I organze my hombrew / games in folders and subfolders.

Also they say the interface is skinnable, yet I cant find a single skin site out there....?

You need NDS games in the NDS folder. Homebrew can be in the root only (for G6 anyway)

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The interface is skinnable, but it is far more customizeable and advanced than something like the R4, thus, there aren't a ton of crappy skinnners out there just ripping images off the net, you actually have to do some stuff yourself. And the M3DS Real isn't really officially out in English yet, therefore there aren't too many. If you look for G6DS Real skins (because they use the same interface), you'd probably get skins for the older menu, giving you some problems.

There is actually a small collection of G6R skins that will work with the current M3R firmware (7 icons). Most of them are by ridgecity. These will all work (in fact, ridgecity has created a duplicate thread in the M3 section with his exact same skins in it) until they add the 8th icon (probably in development already as a shortcut to a game/homebrew)

MrKuenning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it, I knoticed that some skinns had 9 icons on the home, and some have 6. Makes more since now.

So do you know it PBR works with the Real?

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Got it, I knoticed that some skinns had 9 icons on the home, and some have 6. Makes more since now.

So do you know it PBR works with the Real?

9 O_O? It will have to be tested since the way the game runs is not necessarily the same as the way the G6 Real runs game (this is true). Though it is likely to work.

CZroe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is this "Wii connectivity" you guys are talking about? The only game I heard about connectivity was Pokemon Battle Revolution, which is a Wii game and should be able to send whatever software it wants to send when you do DS download play. Because that doesn't use the M3DSr at all, I don't see how support is relevant (just remove it).

I have the Wii Pokemon... I've had it for months but I have yet to open it.
biggrin.gif

CZroe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean, Pokemon D/P for DS? If so, that's game interoperability, which is beyond simple DS interoperability. That's as opposed to the Wii simply sending a DS Download Play file for private screens and what not (final Fantasy Crystal Chronicle + GBA style).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.