Hacking M3 Real.. (real dilema more like - help)

Slyder1980

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all. Just received what I hope is an original M3 Real. Already a bit disapointed as the box states Rumble Pack but this was no where to be seen.
frown.gif

anyway.. im not to worried about that. If I done my research right, this is a genuine M3 card as the packaging states www.m3adapter.com and its the same on the flashcart.

anyway.. questions

1. the micro sd card... i know this all uses the "standard FAT system" but do I have to format my MicroSD as "FAT" or "FAT32" ? (just wondering if theres a prefered choice)

2. I downloaded the latest m3 adapter stuff. unzipped the SYSTEM folder to my desktop and then copied the SYSTEM folder to my MicroSD card. but when i put this all in the ds i get a nice and very unhelpful message moaning "Couldn't find_DS_MENU.DAT"

Now I'm getting annoyed, not only does the box state rumble pack and has a tick to indicate it should be included (as did the site) but now the most basic function isnt working to well..... - which leads me onto the question..

why the hell does is suddenly work when i obtain the menu.dat file and load up saying R4 Revolution.. that wasnt the chip I wanted. Is it loading that because I got the file from an R4 site or is this M3 been rebadged?

any help.. most appreciated.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well the dealer might have been at fault there, as it happened to me.

I believe FAT32 was best for 2GB and up or was it 4GB and up?

The strange thing is that an M3 DOES NOT use a DS_Menu.DAT. You might have a clone/fake? Could to take some picture? Is it spring loaded?

Slyder1980

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
TheWingless said:
Well the dealer might have been at fault there, as it happened to me.

I believe FAT32 was best for 2GB and up or was it 4GB and up?

The strange thing is that an M3 DOES NOT use a DS_Menu.DAT. You might have a clone/fake? Could to take some picture? Is it spring loaded?

I have pictures, but no upload space. www.m3adapter.com was spelt correctly on the box and on the flashcart, but with the menu.dat file on there, its loading up as R4 (which im reading isnt as good anyway)

EDIT- i think its spring loaded.. go'es in out like a normal nds cartridge anyway.

Slyder1980

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thedicemaster said:
send it back, only clones and m3simply can boot off R4 firmware.

is there any other way of checking to see if its real or not.. cause thing is, i have the m3 real SYSTEM folder on there, plus a menu.dat file and the games are working... but the menu options says R4 Revolution. :|

Slyder1980

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kittymat said:
Send it back and post the low life site on this forum to make sure that everyone else does not get conned.

This is where I got mine from.. even spent a little extra for next day delievery.

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Gadgets/Gam...productId=29812

Used the site before for PC builds and never had a problem.
frown.gif

I know what the rumble pack looks like, I know the box says it has one included.... I also know I didnt get one and that the box dosnt even have a space for one.. lol

Slyder1980

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Whizz said:
are you absolutely sure that you didn't order an M3 Simply?

Whizz.. Im absolutely sure mate.. I ordered what I linked to above. I'm looking at the receipt from the dealer and it even says R3 Real + Rumble Bundle. It looks like a genuine M3 Real cartridge though.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it's an R4 clone, no mistake about it.
an m3real would NEVER ask for a _DS_menu.dat
and the only way to get the R4 menu on an m3real is by hacking it into a dldi version, or using a look-a-like such as FCOS.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Here, try to use iSakuReal on the card. Format the card FAT32 and backup all your games. If iSakuReal doesn't work, then you definitely have a fake card. Next time, use DealExtreme to get a M3 Real. It's the cheapest but it does take a hell of a long time for shipping.

Slyder1980

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thedicemaster said:
it's an R4 clone, no mistake about it.
an m3real would NEVER ask for a _DS_menu.dat
and the only way to get the R4 menu on an m3real is by hacking it into a dldi version, or using a look-a-like such as FCOS.

Thanks guys... as I say, I have pics, but no upload space.

Will request an RMA from the supplier.

Slyder1980

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Skyline969 said:
Slyder, use www.tinypic.com to upload the pics.

heres my pics... what do you think ?.. clone ?

2mos3ls.jpg

1zdlzpk.jpg

2370ac.jpg

28gy06e.jpg

30c9jrr.jpg

as I say, the box says rumble pack.. but it wasnt included.. just the m3 cart and the card reader...

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You were scammed(though it was already proven). Looks like they just put an M3 Real sticker on an R4 because that's what the R4's casing looks like. Next time try buying from a more reputable dealer or at least ask about it here first.

When I meant spring loaded, I meant is the MicroSD slot spring loaded.

Slyder1980

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
TheWingless said:
You were scammed(though it was already proven). Looks like they just put an M3 Real sticker on an R4 because that's what the R4's casing looks like. Next time try buying from a more reputable dealer or at least ask about it here first.

When I meant spring loaded, I meant is the MicroSD slot spring loaded.

Sorry.. no the MicroSD just pushes in, until you pull it out.

OK, so.. next question... as far as UK dealers go.. where is the best place to get one of these babys.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to hear you got scammed
frown.gif

I went to the website you linked to, and I tried to comment on the product and added a link to this thread in my comment, but once I submitted the product review, the site told me that the comment would be posted after a staff reviewed my message. That was yesterday, and it's still not up. That's bullshit. That means they only allow good reviews on their site and they screen out any bad reviews.

You might want to consider posting in this thread.

Slyder1980

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Densetsu3000 said:
Sorry to hear you got scammed
frown.gif

I went to the website you linked to, and I tried to comment on the product and added a link to this thread in my comment, but once I submitted the product review, the site told me that the comment would be posted after a staff reviewed my message. That was yesterday, and it's still not up. That's bullshit. That means they only allow good reviews on their site and they screen out any bad reviews.

You might want to consider posting in this thread.

Decided to order one of dealextreme.com about an hour ago on the advice of some users here... so will let you know how I get on.. fingers crossed
biggrin.gif

merbiyatch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got mine off of www.kickgaming.com..order came in about a week..i ordered the m3 ds real+ram/raumble..

hope that helps and sorry to hear you got scammed..those low lifes..grrr..

Slyder1980

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I finally got a real M3 from DealExtreme. (Thanks for suggesting that site) The MicroSD spring loads nicely into the side of the flashcart.

Anyway, onto more important stuff - couple of questions.

1. Whats better. The latest M3 SYSTEM folder direct of there site, or the M3 Sakura SYSTEM folder and why ?

2. Im using a 4gb Micro SDHC card, and while it works fine on with the normal M3 SYSTEM stuff, loading a game for the very 1st time takes a while to create a save file and launch. (I dont think I had this problem when I tested the Sakura stuff) any reason why its taking a minute or 2 to fire up. ?

3. Using the offical M3 firmware, the games are registering as twice the file size they really are.
wacko.gif
wtf.. lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjbr_FiMrYA