M3 Real or M3 Lite Perfect?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Fury878, Nov 16, 2007.

Nov 16, 2007

M3 Real or M3 Lite Perfect? by Fury878 at 1:10 AM (1,243 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Fury878
    OP

Newcomer Fury878 Newbie

Australia
    A few weeks ago I had decided to get a M3 Lite Perfect because it seemed like the best option for me.

But then I found out about the M3 Real... as far as I can tell it can do just about everything the Lite can do and is a lot cheaper, even if I get it with the GBA expansion pack. (I need GBA support, it's why I was settled on getting the Lite)

So basically what I want to know is, what advantages does each model have over each other?

2. Xuio

Member Xuio GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    Buy M3 Real - it supports microSD SDHC cards (>2gb) and it has higher compatibility then m3 lite. M3 Real is easier to use, too (no need to patch anything - just drag and drop roms to your microSD).

3. Fury878
    OP

Newcomer Fury878 Newbie

Australia
    So you can't just drag and drop on to the microsd when using the M3 Lite?

I'm not really sure how useful cards over 2gb would be for me, I can't really see myself using that much space.

4. Kizmatti

Newcomer Kizmatti Member

United States
    NDS roms and gba roms need to be patched with the m3 game manager(software u can download from m3 site)to run on the m3 lite.

m3 real u drag and drop the roms onto the micro sd

5. Fury878
    OP

Newcomer Fury878 Newbie

Australia
    oh, M3 Real definitely sounds like the better option then, thanks.

6. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    You can drag and drop onto the M3 Lite, they just won't work [​IMG]. I think the GBA ones will work though, but saves will not be automatically created, and you will have no access to special functions

7. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    If you use some blank saves you can use the M3 Lite without patching. Still, some games won't work, and you won't be able to use cheats or the M3 Special Effects Menu (for RTS and Soft Reset).

8. IAmTheRad

Member IAmTheRad GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    If you need GBA, you should get the m3 lite with a passcard 3, of course (it's a nopass device!)

Sure, you need to use the manager to get DS to work, and use unzipped GBA games to get the special effects menu working properly and use the manager to load those, but you'd have GBA support.

M3 Real doesn't have the GBA support, and you'd need to get a GBA cart ANYWAYS for GBA, which would mean the best thing for GBA for a DS right now is, you guessed it. M3 lite perfect.

9. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    I don't think so. The M3 Perfect rocks, but the M3 Real with GBA Expansion Pack is slightly better. It does anything the M3 Lite does, and more.

Some great features of the M3 Lite have always been great compatibly for both GBA and DS, linking DS and GBA games and having an ingame menu for GBA games.
    You have to patch your games in most cases though, and for DS games you can't use the browser or the Rumble Pak.

If you get the M3 Real with GBA Expansion you can use the browser and use the Rumble Pak. You can copy all games to it, and they'll work unpatched, even with SDHC-cards. The compatibly may be even better than the M3 Lite has. GBA games can be started from the Slot-1 card and will work unpatched. Linking DS and GBA games will also work, and there is even an ingame menu.

So what's better about the M3 Lite? [​IMG]