M3 Real or Edge ?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by satel, Jul 11, 2008.

1. satel
    OP

satel Luigi's Big Brother

Nov 3, 2004
    East Timor
    i need advice from owners of both cards,which one should i go for the Edge or the M3 Real ? & why ?

many thanks [​IMG]

2. JPdensetsu

JPdensetsu GBAtemp Addict

Feb 2, 2008
    Taiwan
    Taipei
    edge is fast with startup and M3 not.
    Edge haves better compactibatity than M3REAL
    So... EDGE ... but M3 real you can use the triple boot (sakura,M3REAL and I touch)
    So... I think if you use M3REAL with sakura is M3REAL Better [​IMG]

3. satel
    OP

Nov 3, 2004
    East Timor
    this is what i was thinking but how about the built quality ? i like the fact the EDGE microsd slot has no spring.

4. Kazumastars

Kazumastars Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2008
    United States
    IMO the microsd spring/no spring doesn't really make a difference. They both hold the microSD so why does it matter?

Anyways, I think you should go with the EdgeDS personally because it has a good GUI and compatibility for games, homebrew, and music/video.

5. Lily

Lily One Scary Lady

Former Staff
    Jun 18, 2004
    Canada
    British Columbia
    I like the M3 real myself - and the fact that it has a spring-loaded slot makes ALL the difference. I have an EZ-Flash V, and even with long nails have trouble pulling the tiny microSD card out. I mainly play commercial NDS games by myself, and have never had any trouble with the M3 Real doing that.

6. satel
    OP

Nov 3, 2004
    East Timor
    is there a limit on the number of files you can put on the root of the microsd card ??

7. da_head

da_head A dying dream..

Apr 7, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto, Canader!
    it makes a BIG difference. i have a r4ds, and now that its spring is broken, its a bitch removing the micro sd >.

8. satel
    OP

Nov 3, 2004
    East Timor
    ok i have decided to go for the EDGE,does anyone know where i can get some skins for it ? thanks

9. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    the old r4 spring is nothing compared to the new springs that all new carts come with for the most part

10. johnchan

johnchan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2007
    EDGE uses CycloDS skins which you can find here: http://www.ndsthemes.com/title/cyclods

11. Doggy124

Doggy124 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 14, 2007
    Thailand
    Thailand
    Why don't you get CycloDS instead on EDGE?

12. satel
    OP

Nov 3, 2004
    East Timor
    i dont fancy paying $30 more for features i dont really use like real time save..etc,i have owned Supercard dsone & never bothered to use any of the extra features it had over other normal cards so EDGE is perfect for me & price is nice too (if u buy from DX).