M3 Real memory card issue

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Hidekiadam, Feb 28, 2008.

Feb 28, 2008

M3 Real memory card issue by Hidekiadam at 9:24 PM (881 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Hidekiadam
    OP

Newcomer Hidekiadam Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Hihi

memtestarm is reporting issues with my 32MB RAM/GBA expansion I got with the M3 Real perfect bundle

on the slowest speed it tests as okay

GBA speed reports an error around 320-384K in

Overclocked reports an error at 0 (which isn't unexpected)

I'm guessing the GBA games run at GBA speed, I've had a lot of problems with GBA games crashing, the odd problem with dslinux and Opera barely working at all too...

Question 1: Has anyone else experienced this behaviour with the M3 Real GBA expansion?

Question 2: If I get a Supercard Lite for slot 2 which also has GBA RAM etc. as well as SD slot, does that perform any better? Perhaps someone who owns one could run memtestarm and let me know if it works at the GBA/Overclocked speeds...

[Edit edit]

Quesiton 3: Will the 32MB RAM in the Supercard lite work for booting GBA games from slot one on the M3 real with the internal menu or would a loader app have to be used? Not really an issue as the GBA stuff can be run from the SD on the SC but it'd be nice if it worked both ways...

Thanks

2. multoque

Newcomer multoque Member

United States
    Mine has never had any issues at all, and checked out fine when I ran a memory test on it. Seems like you've run into the same problem that a lot of m3 real users are experiencing: horrible quality control.

As for running things on the sc lite, I would not recommend it. You can run opera on it just fine, but the memory is too slow to run many gba games correctly (or at all). For example, despite a lot of hacking and trying numerous workarounds, I could never get ff6 to run at full speed. Mario kart, same thing.

I'd just try and get a new, non-defective gba expansion pack. Otherwise, the ez 3 in 1 might work, or even an old m3 lite.

3. Hidekiadam
    OP

Newcomer Hidekiadam Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Hihi

Ahh, thanks for that

I'd like something with 32MB of RAM and a Micro SD slot if possible

Seems like the M3 Lite would be ideal, is anywhere still selling them?

4. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia