Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This does not apply to M3 Simply since M3 Simply can use Wood R4.
This only applies to M3 Real/M3i0

It's been over a year now since they have updated and it truly appears that they are officially dead. It maybe true that they did release a few core updates here and there to keep up with DSi and 3DS updates, but they never did release any updates to Sakura nor Touchpod to follow those core updates. Sadly the only update they did release was an update to Sakura to fix something they broke, but even then it had no real game fixes. So even with that update it was grossly out-of-date. Then to add insult to injury, they released infamous M3i Zero gmp z003, which locked out 3rd party kernels. The card was released with broken features, barely worked with their own software, and pretty much ruined any hope for their card's future. This card was the last nail in the coffin.
Now there are some small updates coming from Retrogamefan's hard work, but this is only beneficial to people who own M3 Reals and older M3i Zero's, which people can't buy anymore. This means there is no benefits to buying a new card since you can't use these updates. Not saying his work isn't worth it, but it's not worth buying a new card that won't even work with them.

It pains me to say all this since my first flashcard was an M3 Real and at it's prime, it was the best card around. It used to have a great mix of style and functionality. In fact I still love the look and feel of M3 Sakura, it was an all in one that had some much to offer back in the day. I really wish it never came to this point and in fact wish that the M3 Team would come out with something that would blow the world away, but sadly that's just a hopeful dream. At this point I hate to say it, but even the R4 and an R4 clone, are leaps and bounds a head of the M3.

With all that said, I really suggest people invest into one of these cards; R4i Gold (from r4ids.cn/),Supercard DSTwo, Acekard 2i, and R4 . All have regular updates, even if it's not from an official team, it's still better than no updates as well offer loads of features like wifi-updates and in the DSTwo's case features like GBA emulator.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't say I am surprised that they're dead, but I AM surprised it took this long.

My first card was an iTouchDS RTS. I still have it, and despite the loader being pretty cheap feeling and slow to operate, the card did always work well. I'm hoping, should I ever want to dust it off again, that for the foreseeable future, linfoxdomain will keep holding the firmwares?

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
This saddens me. My first cart ever on the scene was a M3 Simply (lol R4 clone from R4/M3 Team). It was a great cart until they stopped supporting it, in favor of the M3 Real (which I ALSO bought).

For the longest it was such a great cart as well, but THEN they were neglectful, and their software become slow... I moved on to an Acekard 2i and never looked back. I now use a DSTWO, but the M3 team (AND its top-of-the-line GBA carts) will always live in my heart.

Seriously, M3 Team, you had a LOT going for ya, why'd ya ruin it? I also hated the M3i Zero (had the original model) and never used it when I got it in a trade. The fact it couldn't be updated sucked too...

sputnix

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
well really the ds is almost dead, well maybe not with the recent announcement of pokemon B/W 2 but I doubt this really affects anyone, but it is sad to see a card drop off especially when it's about 1 or 2 updates away from never having to update again

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not worry about that when I have m3 real ds. It is just flashcard for support ds rom game. Also I don't know they didn't update because they just lazy butt. Thank for retrogamefan's hard for update, we won't about about m3 stop update because retrogamefan is our only chance for update.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look on the bright side, the M3 line of flashcarts can play thousands of NDS games, not to mention GBA games on a ds or ds lite if you happen to own a M3 GBA adaptor. Maybe when the DS is officially dead, one final update wil be released.

Kaito Yamamura

Trophies
XP
Country
The only flashcart that i have is a M3izero and i want to know which firmware should i download?

Is this the last firmware for mi3zero? http://filetrip.net/g25123610-M3-Sakura-TouchPod-for-M3-RealM3i-Zero.html

I would like do play Ghost Trick, Dragon Quest IX and Pokemon Black

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The only flashcart that i have is a M3izero and i want to know which firmware should i download?

Is this the last firmware for mi3zero? http://filetrip.net/...alM3i-Zero.html

I would like do play Ghost Trick, Dragon Quest IX and Pokemon Black
This is the wrong thread for this question

Have you seen this (http://www.m3iforum.....php?f=6&t=1957)

Post subject: Support for Firmware 1.4.4e ??

Will the dev team release a patch to support the new DSi Firmware?
---
We are currently looking into this.

I have no idea about the crdibility of this post by "support", but maybe someone here has experience with him/them ...
They still haven't updated Sakura nor Touchpod for over a year, so if for some reason the Core is updated, it won't amount to shit if the kernel is still out of date

Kaito Yamamura

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sorry i will try to post on other topic.

The posts that you quoted don't help me because by problem is not the fact that the more recent M3 don't work with the new dsi models.

I have a dsi with 2 years and a old M3izero flashcart it's not a flashcart with "gmp z003". So my problem is just which firmware should i have on my flashcart to play as many games as i can with the m3izero.

Thank you anyway =)

poet

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
They still haven't updated Sakura nor Touchpod for over a year, so if for some reason the Core is updated, it won't amount to shit if the kernel is still out of date
Hmmm?? Sakura and Touchpod are just the GUIs. Touchpod sucks but I prefer Sakura over any other GUI I have see and there is no need for an update as it works just fine.

What do you think the "kernel" is other than the "core"? The m3team call the flashcard firmware "core" and if they update it to work with the latest 1.4.4 update everything would be fine. What exactly do you expect?

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Hmmm?? Sakura and Touchpod are just the GUIs, and I prefer Sakura over any other GUI I have see and ther is no need for an update as it works just fine.

What do you think the "kernel" is other than the "core"? The m3team call the flashcard firmware "core" and if they update it to work with the latest 1.4.4 update everything would be fine. What exactly do you expect?
Sakura and Touchpod are kernels, they are aren't just GUI's, they also are needed for rom compatibility, which after a year of no updates, it's quite bad.

The Core, is just another name for the firmware, which is needed for the card to run on the system. It's needed for the card to run, but doesn't do anything for rom compatibility.

new2wii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if you are all aware but I have a M3i zero (GMP-z003) Card which went totally useless when I update my son's DSi-XL to ver.1.4.4U
So what I did was went out and got a R4 Gold card for him which works flawless with the new update. At the time I had contacted "Danny" on the M3 team to see if there was a update for the M3iZero card which went unanswered upi till this morning,he sent me a link for the update for ver.1.4.4 which I downloaded and installed it all back on the card and low an behold it WORKS!
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links,if not please go ahead an remove this post but here is the link that he sent to me via email
http://dshere.com/file.php?id=147

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not sure if you are all aware but I have a M3i zero (GMP-z003) Card which went totally useless when I update my son's DSi-XL to ver.1.4.4U
So what I did was went out and got a R4 Gold card for him which works flawless with the new update. At the time I had contacted "Danny" on the M3 team to see if there was a update for the M3iZero card which went unanswered upi till this morning,he sent me a link for the update for ver.1.4.4 which I downloaded and installed it all back on the card and low an behold it WORKS!
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links,if not please go ahead an remove this post but here is the link that he sent to me via email
That's nice ^_^ But without a kernel update, it doesn't amount to much for playing any roms.
A core update doesn't really prove the card to have an active or live team, it just means someone is updating the core. M3 team hasn't updated the Kernels in over a year now, which it's best to assume that who ever was behind the kernel updates is no longer active anymore.

PypeBros

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sylvainhb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Belgium
That's nice ^_^ But without a kernel update, it doesn't amount to much for playing any roms.
A core update means I can use the DSi for homebrew development ... and that's a *lot* to me. Long live the Core!

PypeBros

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sylvainhb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Belgium
btw, the file here (once out of his zip) has md5sum = 023dabfb10c35dd49da8147efa81fc23, but after the USB-powered update, I still have the "chessmaster" icon and the linker still triggers an error when the DSi tries to launch it. Anybody with DSi firmware 1.4.3E managed to use that ? what icon do you see ?

Che

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
btw, the file here (once out of his zip) has md5sum = 023dabfb10c35dd49da8147efa81fc23, but after the USB-powered update, I still have the "chessmaster" icon and the linker still triggers an error when the DSi tries to launch it. Anybody with DSi firmware 1.4.3E managed to use that ? what icon do you see ?

(*Old Models have no improvement after upgrade)

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
the official has long time not to update kernel, and I am very upset for the m3i 0 , so at last , I perfer r4i gold 3ds which with amazing wood r4 fw.
Yeah, I was hoping with the firmware update a kernel update would follow, but my hopes were too high.
So as always I shall continue to suggest people go with the cards I listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a picteof not updating just tell them don't update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...