Hacking M3 Real GBA Saves Just Hang

tone.def

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long time lurker here. I've been enjoying my M3 Real, but I've run into a problem. While playing .gba files, when I try to save, the game will display the conventional "Now saving. Please do not turn off the power." prompt, but then hangs there forever. I have tried this on both "patch" and "fast play" modes. I have tried deleting the rom.iso and rom.sav files, but it still happens.

I'm using a M3 Real with system software 4.0, and with an M3 GBA expansion pack.

Has anyone run into a similar situation? Any ideas as to how to resolve? Thank you so much.
smile.gif

tone.def

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, it appears that the saving problem was a problem with the game I was trying to play... Mother 3. Which is horrible, since it's the main reason I bought the thing in the first place!
frown.gif

But the good news is that Sakura is AMAZING! Thank you so much for making that available for the community. I'm in lurve.
smile.gif

EDIT: By the way, has anyone had any success in saving a Mother 3 game?

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
tone.def said:
First of all, it appears that the saving problem was a problem with the game I was trying to play... Mother 3. Which is horrible, since it's the main reason I bought the thing in the first place!
frown.gif

But the good news is that Sakura is AMAZING! Thank you so much for making that available for the community. I'm in lurve.
smile.gif

Glad you enjoy it...it's not just me, a lot of others worked to make it available to everyone else
happy.gif

I haven't had problems saving on Mother 3 in Sakura. Here's a .sav file I made:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HMIQN887

I sent this file to someone else and he was able to load it in Sakura using the patch-loading mode.

*EDIT* Just make sure that your .gba ROM and the .sav file have the same name (ex: Mother 3.gba and Mother 3.sav).

tone.def

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Densetsu3000 said:
tone.def said:
frown.gif

smile.gif

Glad you enjoy it...it's not just me, a lot of others worked to make it available to everyone else
happy.gif

I haven't had problems saving on Mother 3 in Sakura. Here's a .sav file I made:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HMIQN887

I sent this file to someone else and he was able to load it in Sakura using the patch-loading mode.

*EDIT* Just make sure that your .gba ROM and the .sav file have the same name (ex: Mother 3.gba and Mother 3.sav).
Thank you so much! You've been so supportive. I'll let you know how this goes over.

tone.def

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, geez. I downloaded another you-know-what, and patched it, and it doesn't lock up on saves now! Now, it just says "Unable to Save."

frown.gif

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
When you say you patched it, are you talking about the translation patch? You might find some help on the Mother 3 translation release thread.

I also found a Japanese-English save converter made specifically for Mother 3 on that thread. I read Japanese just fine so I didn't use the patch. Maybe that's why I haven't had any problems.

Anyway, check on the Mother 3 thread because the chance of finding someone who can help you is probably greater on that thread. Good luck!

ookami_no_shiro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem, but I know just how to fix it!
The first time that you play mother 3, boot it from the traditional M3 Real menu to create the save file. After it has been created, you will have no problem saving when you boot from the Sakura menu. The release of Sakura I have has the M3 software and the iTouch software built-in as options when booting up Sakura, by holding down x or y, respectively.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb