Hacking M3 Real GBA help needed

StarDancer1980

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i am somewhat of a newbie with the flashcarts but i have looked on here and while there are lots of options for those that have a ds lite i have an original ds or i guess it is called a ds phat with a m3 ds real which came with gba expansion pack and shells and such anyways i am hoping someone can tell me what cart i can buy that will support gba games and as i am not that technically inclined am wondering 1 if there is one that works wo having to switch cases as i did read that u can swap cases on the one that comes in ds real bundle and it will work and if i have to do that.. how do i do it without breaking it ie can soneone give me step by step directions lol... sorry if this was covered previously and i just missed it... thanks

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so you already bought the m3 real perfect bundle and you already have the extra gba cases?

is so then just unscrew the back screw from the gba exp pak
slide the top off
then just place the PCB (green circuit board) into the DS normal size and, slide top on and screw it together

really easy and simple

StarDancer1980

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok the pack i bought came with translucent shells which i now have put gba expansion pack into but when i try to load rom it says no slot 2 gba card found

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You need to run the GBA games via the slot-1 M3 DS Real. The 2nd of the 7 icons is GBA. After you copy over whatever it is you're trying to play, run them from there. The card will use the GBA Expansion Cartridge in order to boot the game in GBA Mode for you.

StarDancer1980

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know but my problem would be with the fact that it says no GBA slot 2 card inserted when i have GBA expansion pack in... it sees the games and such but when i click to go play one it tells me there is not a card inserted

carterman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try removing it from your DS, checking to make sure the screw's in tight enough and you got everything lined up and put in the case correctly, and putting it back in to your DS. Also, try booting your DS without the M3 Real and see if the DS is seeing the slot-2 card at all as a DS Option Pak.

StarDancer1980

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i checked all that u said to took it out double checked how it was in the cartridge checked screw then booted ds with just gba expansion pak in to see it recognizes it and it says there is a ds options pak inserted but when i go to load games it still says no slot 2 card inserted.. so any other suggestions? ok this is really odd i tried it several time turning it off and back on and such nothing was working so i decided to wait for more suggestions while i was doing that i decided to set the skin to skin 2 which is what it was before i reinstalled system folder when i first started havin problems getting gba exp pack to work... anyways i switched it to skin 2 and decided to try one more time and now they are loading fine... so i am not sure what was going on but thanks evderyone for your help

carterman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glitches will be the death of us all, eh? Glad you got it working. My next suggestion would've been to try the triple boot firmware or to use GBA ExpLoader, but hey, good for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte