M3 Real GBA Freezing

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by mbomb, Dec 1, 2007.

Dec 1, 2007

M3 Real GBA Freezing by mbomb at 6:24 AM (1,357 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. mbomb
    OP

Newcomer mbomb Newbie

Canada
    Hey there, I have just gotten a M3 Real with the slot 2 GBA expansion. I've tried multiple games (Yoshi's Island, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, Legend of Zelda - Link to the Past), they boot and run perfectly for a few minutes, but will always end up freezing. I'm using a 2GB Sandisk MicroSD card in both FAT16 and FAT 32 format.
    While it seemed to run A LITTLE better when formatted to FAT 32, it may have just been my imagination. Is anyone else out there having this same issue or have any idea of what to do to fix this?

2. phantastic91

Member phantastic91 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i dont have an m3 real but with my m3 lite i have the same problem and it turned out that i got a faulty one T_T. im just guessing but maybe yours is too? O_O

3. mbomb
    OP

Newcomer mbomb Newbie

Canada
    It could be, but it doesn't seem like it as every other feature of the card works just fine. I also have another SD card laying around that I can try.

4. JKR Firefox

Member JKR Firefox Back.

Canada
    I'm not having any issues with playing GBA games on my M3 Real with a 1GB Kingston (Japanese). Perhaps the previous poster may be correct in saying that the card you've recieved is faulty...

Are you having any issues with running DS games? If not it may be just the GBA expansion cart included with the bundle that is faulty.

Fitzy

5. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    There seems to be a rumble/ram card test mode in the menu code... maybe they should tell us how to use it?

Any rate try and clean your GBA card's contacts up (eraser or swab and high proof medical alcohol), mess with patching options (most patches tend to run every so many cycles to check for keypresses, if there is a overflow in their patch it could let it run until it overflows so disable them and see what happens), might solve the issue. Shouldn't be anything with the microSD (unless you are putting corrupted ROMs on there).

6. HazeyTheLazy

Banned HazeyTheLazy Banned

United States
    BEFORE i had the same problem...
    -You Have to fiddle around with the "Patch" option and the "RTSwitch" option, It made all my games Unfreeze
    -Certain games are emulated certain ways as of now...

7. mbomb
    OP

Newcomer mbomb Newbie

Canada
    Right now I let it patch before I play the game, but I leave cheat switch off and RTSave switch disabled. How do you set it up?