Hacking M3 Real GBA Freezing

mbomb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there, I have just gotten a M3 Real with the slot 2 GBA expansion. I've tried multiple games (Yoshi's Island, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, Legend of Zelda - Link to the Past), they boot and run perfectly for a few minutes, but will always end up freezing. I'm using a 2GB Sandisk MicroSD card in both FAT16 and FAT 32 format.
While it seemed to run A LITTLE better when formatted to FAT 32, it may have just been my imagination. Is anyone else out there having this same issue or have any idea of what to do to fix this?

mbomb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It could be, but it doesn't seem like it as every other feature of the card works just fine. I also have another SD card laying around that I can try.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there, I have just gotten a M3 Real with the slot 2 GBA expansion. I've tried multiple games (Yoshi's Island, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, Legend of Zelda - Link to the Past), they boot and run perfectly for a few minutes, but will always end up freezing. I'm using a 2GB Sandisk MicroSD card in both FAT16 and FAT 32 format.
While it seemed to run A LITTLE better when formatted to FAT 32, it may have just been my imagination. Is anyone else out there having this same issue or have any idea of what to do to fix this?

I'm not having any issues with playing GBA games on my M3 Real with a 1GB Kingston (Japanese). Perhaps the previous poster may be correct in saying that the card you've recieved is faulty...

Are you having any issues with running DS games? If not it may be just the GBA expansion cart included with the bundle that is faulty.

Fitzy

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There seems to be a rumble/ram card test mode in the menu code... maybe they should tell us how to use it?

Any rate try and clean your GBA card's contacts up (eraser or swab and high proof medical alcohol), mess with patching options (most patches tend to run every so many cycles to check for keypresses, if there is a overflow in their patch it could let it run until it overflows so disable them and see what happens), might solve the issue. Shouldn't be anything with the microSD (unless you are putting corrupted ROMs on there).

HazeyTheLazy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BEFORE i had the same problem...
-You Have to fiddle around with the "Patch" option and the "RTSwitch" option, It made all my games Unfreeze
-Certain games are emulated certain ways as of now...

mbomb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BEFORE i had the same problem...
-You Have to fiddle around with the "Patch" option and the "RTSwitch" option, It made all my games Unfreeze
-Certain games are emulated certain ways as of now...
Right now I let it patch before I play the game, but I leave cheat switch off and RTSave switch disabled. How do you set it up?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill