Hacking M3 Real garbles 8 GB SDHC

Shebang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yesterday I filled up a Sandisk 8 GB SDHC card with ROMS (about 6 GB in total). When I put the card back into the M3 Real and booted up, it was all garbled (icons missing, wrong filesizes). Chkdsk showed a lot of frayed entries.

Before that I had 3 GB of data on it and it worked flawlessly. I fear that I may have a fake (although bought at Amazon.com), because the error showed now that I went over 4 GB or the M3 real (sakura) messed it up.

I browsed through some threads and there are people using 16 GB SDHC. So where is my mistake?

Thanks for your input
shebang

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Split the games up into 2 folders. NDS1 (A-M) NDS2 (N-Z). Then load your games via the FOLDER (third from the left on the main menu) symbol by selecting whatever game you want from either NDS1 or NDS2 folders. Same thing happened to me, and this fixed it. Hope this helps.

It has something to do with the M3 being able to recognize over 128 files. At least thats what I have gathered from other threads.

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you are using the standard M3 software then call one of the folders NDS, then the others whatever you like, I have Brain Games and Shooters.

The M3 can only have 128 games per folder and you must leave enough room on the cart to create saves etc, so at least 1MB free space per 2 games.

Shebang

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thank you very much
smile.gif

shebang

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat