OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.haterbait.com
XP
Country
United States
It started by locking up while playing zelda. Then I noticed while rebooting my ds froze on the m3 boot screen. After rebooting a bunch of times it finally worked, only to freeze during most of my other games. It also locks up on the m3 menu screen. It is very tempermental. Some games will freeze while loading. Some games freeze after title screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have the original Nintendo DS, M3 Real card, 4 gig scandisk micro sd card. I am using G6/M3DS v2.8 system files. I haven't turned on any options for softreset or anything. Help me please!
wacko.gif

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Same thing happened to me, it kept freezing on boot. I formatted my microSD using SDFormatter 2.0 and it worked.

MAF58

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.haterbait.com
XP
Country
United States
I formatted with sdformatter 2.0 and now it just freezes on the boot screen (m3ds real displaid in lower right corner). I formatted again and put on an older version of system files and still nothing. Any ideas? Could it be the M3 cartridge?

mikeyp7771

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I seem to have a similar problem. Locks up on the same part of Zelda each time. Upgraded system files from 27d to v28 and now game locks up on a different part. Weird.

MAF58

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.haterbait.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey! Check it out. Thanks for the idea Panic101. I formatted the 4G SD card with the USB adapter that came with the SD card instead of the one that came with the M3DS cart. I also put the files on the SD card with that adapter too. Now it works fine!

I am going to test it out for the next few days and see if it starts locking up again.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

MAF58

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.haterbait.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah my DS worked for about 3 days. Then it started freezing again. I will have a good day here and there but for the most part it still freezes!!! I bought a new 2 gig sd card and it still is doing the same thing. I updated to 2.9 for the system files. Help me!!! Has worked so far. I just bought the M3 simply thinking is the M3 real cart.

llatnik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
one possibility, just to help cover bases is it could be dirty points on either the MicroSD card slot on your M3real, or on the points that contact your DS, I had the same problem with my M3 simply before i upgraded, whenever i bumped it, even a tiny bit the damn thing would freeze, then i went crazy with some Methylated Spirits and a cotton tip (Q-tip for americans) and all the contact points i could find and it worked great after that

I know your problem might be something else but I thought Id add a possible simple fix

MAF58

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.haterbait.com
XP
Country
United States
The alcohol didn't work. I tried it with my 2 gig and 4 gig sd cards. Both of them freeze on the boot up screen.

I just let it sit on that screen while I pondered my next move, maybe smashing the card into little pieces and shoving them back into the ds slot 1. While thinking the ds screens turned white. I shut it off and turned it on again and it came up to where i can pick my language and then went to the menu like no problem. Then sitting on the menu screen for 30 seconds, it decided to freeze, yet again.
hate2.gif

terrencegf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! Check it out. Thanks for the idea Panic101. I formatted the 4G SD card with the USB adapter that came with the SD card instead of the one that came with the M3DS cart. I also put the files on the SD card with that adapter too. Now it works fine!
I, too, have had problems with the USB-MicroSD reader that came with the M3DS. Two bad writes so far (found by doing a binary file compare). However, if I use a MicroSD-to-SD adapter card with a different USB-SD reader, things are fine. In my experience, the adapter supplied with the M3 is very fast, but at the expense of possibly bad formatting/writing. My other SD reader is slower for formats/writes, but so far has given me zero problems. I use the standard WinXP formatting routines. As always, YMMV.

MAF58

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.haterbait.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone. I gave up on the M3 Real and bought an M3 Simply and have had no problems with it at all in the first 3 days I have had it. I must have gotten a bad M3 Real cart. So I will be off gaming for a while. Thanks for all your help though.

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I, too, have had problems with the USB-MicroSD reader that came with the M3DS. Two bad writes so far (found by doing a binary file compare). However, if I use a MicroSD-to-SD adapter card with a different USB-SD reader, things are fine. In my experience, the adapter supplied with the M3 is very fast, but at the expense of possibly bad formatting/writing. My other SD reader is slower for formats/writes, but so far has given me zero problems. I use the standard WinXP formatting routines. As always, YMMV.

terrencegf,

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that. My M3 Real has been acting funky and have read so much about so many people having problems because of the possible faulty USB MircsoSD card adapater supplied with M3 Real.

I will try using the SD adapter included with the MicroSDHC card with the use of an external SD to USB adapter from my PC and post results!

I noticed people are using the the system 2.8 files, should I not be using 2.9 for glitch reasoning?

pwf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We are having exactly the same problems as mentioned above. I have also changed micro sd cards and reformatted them several times. Seeing that there are multiple people having the exact same problems I am beginning to think this is a M3 Real problem, possibly caused by the Zelda ROM. Zelda seems to be the culprit mentioned in all the posts. Has everyone put the Zelda rom back on when re trying? I know I have, but when I get home tonight I will do a format and avoid that rom and see what happens.

pwf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope put new micro sd card in it with only one game on it and still nothing. Flashes the M3 Real logo then goes black I guess I will have to see if I can return it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: