M3 Real Freezes and Slowdown vs Itouch Firmware

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by harroway, Jun 21, 2008.

Jun 21, 2008
  1. harroway
    OP

Newcomer harroway Member

Netherlands
    Hi y'all

This is my first post ever, so pls forgive me if i'm doing something wrong!

I have had a few different NDS flashcarts in the past, and i always found it weird that Castlevania had skipping video and The World Ends With You lockup up during a cutscene on the DS Real, but not on the CycloDS and M3 Simply for example.

I always assumed this had to do with different hardware/chip in the different carts, but this week I installed the hacked Itouch on my DS Real, and to my big surprise they run flawlessly with ITouch but with problems with Real and Sakura...suggesting its a firmware and not a hardware thing.

What I can't get my head around is the fact that Castlevania is a known problem game, and that apparently the M3 team have fixed it for the Simply and ITouch, but not for the Real/Sakura?? If they know how to get things running well, why not use that knowledge for all their products?

Maybe there is someone here with contacts to the M3 team? I mailed them a long time ago about it and got a reply that the issue was known and being worked on...but I have the feeling that was some sort of generic answer.

Cheers
    Harroway

2. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    the problems with twewy are quite hard to trace.
    one of the most troublesome combinations for twewy is m3real&sandisk 4GB C2
    but not everyone with that combination get's those problems.

3. Beware

Member Beware GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I love the quality of new around here lately.

Serious post is serious.

4. harroway
    OP

Newcomer harroway Member

Netherlands
    I sense some irony here [​IMG] I tried figuring out how to move this post to a maybe more suitable topic but didnt succeed. If a moderator can do it, please do so!

Thanks Dicemaster, I never thought it might have to do with the MicroSD, will try another brand. Still, it seems weird that using the same SD and flashcart it differs from firmware to firmware made by the same company if it runs ok or not...