OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
A Gay Little Catboy said:
If you really want the most up to date firmware for the M3 Real, that would be the M3 Quad-Boot or The Temp Sakura
I guess i would take the temp sakura mostly becuase my friend just wants one firmware not 4.
i have a question though, the temp sakura seems to have the same name as the m3 sakura i posted on my first post, any difference?
also what would you recommend?

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
if you just want to play the newest games and don't care about the interface, I would suggest getting Y3Menu for M3, M3 Sakura hasn't been update for 3 months

Gaboros

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
if you care about the GUI and the game compatibility and you event want a softreset my answer is WoodYS:

http://filetrip.net/f25113-WoodYS-6-59.html

Same GUI as Wood:

preview.jpg

And it almost support every game thanks to RetroGameFan's updatet:

http://gbatemp.net/t267243-retrogamefan-updates-releases

kirbymaster101

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hm mbut it says i have to hold b when i want to use cheats seems to be annoying to me. also didnt downlaod it yet but is WoodYS native or would i have to boot an nds. (dont want that)

kirbymaster101

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
dsrules said:
if you just want to play the newest games and don't care about the interface, I would suggest getting Y3Menu for M3, M3 Sakura hasn't been update for 3 months
srry for posting twice but anyway to use it without booting nds. or a way to autoboot on m3 real?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
kirbymaster101 said:
hm mbut it says i have to hold b when i want to use cheats seems to be annoying to me.
which firmware (YSmenu or wood) are you reffering to? I don't think neither of those requires you to hold down b to use cheats.
unsure.gif

EDIT: oh, okay. I didn't realize you were reffering to woodYS. it doesn't mean that your cheats won't be activated only when you press b; it means that you have to hold b (while selecting your game) in order to choose which cheats to use. Then, you boot your game and the cheats will be activated.

kirbymaster101 said:
also didnt downlaod it yet but is WoodYS native or would i have to boot an nds. (dont want that)
QUOTE(kirbymaster101 @ May 18 2011, 06:45 PM)
srry for posting twice but anyway to use it without booting nds. or a way to autoboot on m3 real?
as far as I know, you'll have to boot as an nds file.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
kirbymaster101 said:
A Gay Little Catboy said:
If you really want the most up to date firmware for the M3 Real, that would be the M3 Quad-Boot or The Temp Sakura
I guess i would take the temp sakura mostly becuase my friend just wants one firmware not 4.
i have a question though, the temp sakura seems to have the same name as the m3 sakura i posted on my first post, any difference?
also what would you recommend?
It's the very same Sakura, I just updated the cheats. Go with retro's files since they are way more up to date compared to sakura

kirbymaster101

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
srry for bumping but wood WoodR4 for m3 be better to use?http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=268715&st=0&start=0

or is it basiccaly exactly the same as retorogamefan just acekard gui.

molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
kirbymaster101 said:
or is it basiccaly exactly the same as retorogamefan just acekard gui.
It is. It uses retro's updates to load the ROMs, but also uses Wood's GUI for an overall better experience.

QUOTE(Keram @ May 27 2011, 08:59 AM) ysmenu with retrogamefans stuff is for now the best to go since it still gets updates but Wood for M3 wasn't updated for a while because it's maintainer Gaboros is not getting the source code from Woods developer anymore.
Not really. You should read Gaboros's topic again. He is now using retro's stuff to load the ROMs, so his new "WoodYs" menu is still as updated as retro's menus.

Keram

Newcomer
Trophies
In the wetter and more windy parts of Germany
XP
Country
Gambia, The
molh394 said:
Not really. You should read Gaboros's topic again. He is now using retro's stuff to load the ROMs, so his new "WoodYs" menu is still as updated as retro's menus.
Whoops, didn't saw that someone responded to me.
biggrin.gif

Tue, but doesn't change the fact that the actual wood port itself is outdated since it cannot be updated anymore and WoodYs is the wood menu using retro's stuff, for me not entirely the same as what WoodR4 for M3 has been before. ( I liked the wood loader a lot
frown.gif
even with its fragmentation problems, which Gaboros even managed and bothered to fix, thanks for the dedication Gaboros

Gaboros

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Keram said:
molh394 said:
Whoops, didn't saw that someone responded to me.
biggrin.gif

Tue, but doesn't change the fact that the actual wood port itself is outdated since it cannot be updated anymore and WoodYs is the wood menu using retro's stuff, for me not entirely the same as what WoodR4 for M3 has been before. ( I liked the wood loader a lot
frown.gif
even with its fragmentation problems, which Gaboros even managed and bothered to fix, thanks for the dedication Gaboros

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.