Hacking M3 Real, CycloDS, or Acekard 2?

dartdude6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, right now I have an Acekard 2i,which I thought was great until a little while ago. Now my MicroSD won't click in to the cart and the spring is working fine, so I will probably have to send it back and get a new cart. I liked the Acekard, but I don't want to have another Flash Cart problem like this so I'm thinking of getting a CycloDS or a M3 Real (I'm not playing on a DSi, playing on a DS Lite). Will I ever have a problem the CycloDS? Is it worth the extra $20? Is the M3 Real just as good, if not better?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I really recommend the CycloDS Evolution.
It's like PV says, it's build quality is amazing, I never had any problems with it.
The Real Time Save works brilliantly, the menu's are quick and responsive, the support is very good.
It's well worth the extra money if you ask me.

You can buy it from here for example:

http://www.nxpgame.com/cyclods-evolution.html

That's a great webshop, with great support and I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my pick of the bunch is the M3 Real Perfect Bundle (M3 Real + Rumble Pak + GBA Expansion Pak + MicroSDHC Reader + Expansion Pak Case Set)
I wanted an all in one solution, GBA + NDS without having to pay $70+ for a GBA flashcart + $50 for a regular NDS flash cart

combined with M3 Sakura, its a very impressive cart now
http://www.realhotstuff.com/real-rumble-ex...pack-p-258.html

wireles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
dartdude6 said:
How are the updates for M3 Sakura and CycloDS? Do they both update often?

Now , the M3 firmware seems to update, however there was a time that i checked the official website for updates (week after week) and they didn't have it. But now it seems to go pretty well.

DarkZBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They are all really great carts, but like most people are saying, it depends on what you are looking for:

I would get the Cyclo, even though most people say its expensive, its actually a money saver considering your playing games you downloaded off the internet.
rolleyes.gif

It has great support, Nice customizable Gui, plus a ton of other features such as, Wii Connectivity, real time save, etc.

cloudsymph

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
cyclo ds evo > m3 ds real > acekard 2 imo.

i'm a m3 user and love it (i run m3sakura).

however generally in terms of anti-piracy not working, cyclo generally comes out on top. only reason i didn't buy one is because it was pricier than the m3 and imo why pay more for something only slightly better. however cyclo iirc doesn't have spring load.

of course even if m3 is only slightly worse than cyclo in the anti-piracy department, patching isn't hard and takes up to about a day for the code out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn