Hacking M3 Real Case/Shell, will R4 Case/shell fit?

shoebox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,
I am thinking of buying a M3 Real but i don't like how the grey will not match with the white DS.
Does anyone know if the M3 Real Case/Shell can be removed and replaced with the R4 white case/shell
as seen here:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4396

Thanks
laugh.gif

shoebox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks for the quick reply.
i am actually still debate on whether to get an m3 simply/r4 vs a M3 Real, are there any significant benefits to the M3 Real.
All i mainly want is to play games (of course) and watch videos/listen music.

thanks
biggrin.gif

shoebox

arsehat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello,
I am thinking of buying a M3 Real but i don't like how the grey will not match with the white DS.
Does anyone know if the M3 Real Case/Shell can be removed and replaced with the R4 white case/shell
as seen here:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4396

ThanksÂ
laugh.gif

PharaohsVizier makes a valid point - you'd need MAJOR surgery to get the R4 case around an M3 Real board. Not saying it couldn't be done - I've modded an R4 case as a replacement for an original cartridge that got chewed up, and you can do amazing things with a craft knife and double sided tape
wink.gif
- but I don't think it's the best option.

It'd be far easier to buy the white Chinese version of the card and do the hardware mod.

As for whether the R4 or the M3 Real is the "better" cart... don't know, yet. My M3 Real only arrived today. A couple of things I like are that it's possible to set it to start up with the list of games (Setting->ShortCut->NDSGame) instead of the main menu, and I can't find any easy way to delete files (like the infamous X button on the R4). One thing I really *don't* like is that after you've selected a game, you *then* need to tell it to start - after maybe making choices about cheats or soft reset or whatever. Maybe I've just been spoiled by seven months exposure to the R4 interface, but to me the way the M3 Real offers those options just gets in the way of what most people are going to want to do most of the time, which is just select and start a game.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: