Hacking M3 Real – what version of card do you have?

Does your M3 work properly and what version is it?

• I have an old "2" and it works great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have an old "2" and it's freezing

• I have a new "E" and it works great

• I have a new "E" and it's freezing

• Total voters

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just got my M3 DS Real Perfect package today and Kingston 4GB Japan card. It's a CP2 I'm guessing as thats what it says on the little bit of PCB sticking out near the contacts, only tried a few games so far but no problems yet.

Try Castlevania - Dawn of Sorrow and at the main menu wait 10 seconds or so for the intro video to play.
Tell me if it looks smooth or like a slideshow.

grayfox_nds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my M3 DS Real Perfect package today and Kingston 4GB Japan card. It's a CP2 I'm guessing as thats what it says on the little bit of PCB sticking out near the contacts, only tried a few games so far but no problems yet.

Try Castlevania - Dawn of Sorrow and at the main menu wait 10 seconds or so for the intro video to play.
Dawn of Sorrow's intro video was choppy but Portrait of Ruins' wasn't which is odd. Not sure which other games have video intros and I can give those a try.

grayfox_nds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess I spoke too soon. Haven't owned it a whole 2 days and now the spring has malfunctioned. The MicroSD card won't snap into place, just wants to pop back up. This is GREAT.

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just doublechecked my m3 real and found out that it wasn't a CP2 or CPE after all. It's a CP3. I guess my eyes are too burnt out from computers to read small fonts anymore.

Off to Flash Focus for more training.

naes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It works fine for me.

Swalk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FWIW I tried Castlevania PoR and DoS, on the CP2s: both games and intros worked perfectly except for DoS intro which was very choppy.

On the CPE: PoR intro fine but game play sound corrupted, just a really irritating weird static noise going on, it worked for 5 mins but couldn't stand the noise so not properly tested! DoS intro again choppy, then started to pixelate, then crashed... and the game play has same noise corruption.

Only thing this poll shows so far is that if you are going to have problems with an M3, then it will be a CPE model
hate2.gif

Swalk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a CP 2 and was the one who started the post about the M3's freezing.
I'd assumed you had a CPE as the symptoms you described before were exactly what I am getting with my CPE.

You seem to be the only one who's had any real problems with a CP2, which is unlucky, but as the problem is so similar is there more to it?

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

It works fine for me.

Must be much pickier about MicroSDs then which sucks.
My 2Gb Sandisk runs the DOS intro perfectly on my M3 Simply, but slideshowesque on my Real.
Time to get rid of the Real me thinks and get a DSOne or Cyclo
I so wish that the Simply supported SDHC, the only thing I wanted was more capacity.
They should just release a version of the Simply that supports SDHC.

For the record my real is CP2.

vt102

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I have the new E version. When I play the Zelda, so far, it is ok. No problems. Dont really have any problems with any of the games I have. They are loaded on a Sandisk 4G sdhc card.

beatrixgba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious...

those who voted "I have a new "E" and it works great"
Are you filling up the SD card more than 75% of it's capacity?

grayfox_nds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It works fine for me.
What brand/size etc microSD do you have?

naes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It works fine for me.
What brand/size etc microSD do you have?
4GB Class 6 A-Data MicroSDHC card. It's on sale at newegg.com for $28.99.

Swalk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
System 3.0 doesn't help the problem, nor does anything else I've tried and I think I've tried everything!

And my supplier has been out of stock for weeks so I can't get a replacement, this DS has been resigned to the draw and the PSP has made a comeback now that it's been 'upgraded' IYKWIM!

It's all rather sad and frustrating though...

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
System 3.0 doesn't help the problem, nor does anything else I've tried and I think I've tried everything!

And my supplier has been out of stock for weeks so I can't get a replacement, this DS has been resigned to the draw and the PSP has made a comeback now that it's been 'upgraded' IYKWIM!

It's all rather sad and frustrating though...

One other thing you can try is to get a new MicroSDHC card (borrow or buy), since it's alot faster than old microSD cards, it could solve your game loading and freezing problems.

M3-NdsReal-CPE
Game tested:
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (Intro Video)
1. 512MB Sandisk MicroSD - kinda choppy but faster than slidshow
2. 4GB A-DATA Class 6 MicroSDHC - it's as smooth as an orginal cart

It's definitely more of a media problem than M3 real problem

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Update. Just tried Ultimate Mortal Kombat DS download play or local Wifi versus mode:
1. 512MB Sandisk MicroSD - Works perfectly
2. A-data 4gb mircoSDHC - Always freezes in under 1min

Anyone else with an A-data 4gb mircoSDHC class 6 has this problem?

beatrixgba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The A-data 4 gb microSDHC class 6 did not work for me.
The card was nothing but problems! Formatted many times. I took the card back after 20 low-level formats. It would crap out under 1 minute like dsrules ().

I even tried the card in a chinese CP2 and it got stuck after time (but not as quick with the CPE)

There was another conversation somethere in this forum that talked about the gold connectors (teeth) of the cartridge. It might not connected well from all the testing. I believe that could be the reason as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night