Hacking M3 Pro questions

ionized

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi

I m interested in buying the M3 pro mini SD but I am a bit confused about the diferences with the standard M3 mini SD version.I know that the pro version cant play GBA games and that it doesnt have a battery.I would like to know if not having a battery prevends the m3 pro from saving tha NDS games.Does it saves the games in the same way the normal M3 does?

I have read in another topic that M3 pro does not support "DS/GBA linking feature".can anybody tell me what is this?
Finally M3 pro does not support "DS Normal/DirectCopy mode".what about this??

azndragonguy115

Trophies
Website
hai-san.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
the pro version works teh same as a gba version...without the gba

gba linkage is when you want to link a gba and nds rom together as if it was two real games in the 2 slots. doesnt work so well

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
M3 Pro can play GBA ROMs up to 32Megabits = 4MegaBytes.

Exactly, and this will not affect NDS compatibility really (unless you're trying to run games in normal mode where it loads the game into internal memory first). Most likely you may notice a difference running various homebrews that preload certain parts into the internal memory.

P.S. Normal mode is where it attempts to fully copy the rom into its internal memory before running. This of course is the quickest way to for the rom to run with the exception that memory is limited (I believe current m3 has internal memory of 32 megabytes) so only roms fitting that size will fit in there...downfall = initial loading times to copy the rom onto the internal memory.

Tir

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
M3 Pro can play GBA ROMs up to 32Megabits = 4MegaBytes.

Exactly, and this will not affect NDS compatibility really (unless you're trying to run games in normal mode where it loads the game into internal memory first). Most likely you may notice a difference running various homebrews that preload certain parts into the internal memory.

P.S. Normal mode is where it attempts to fully copy the rom into its internal memory before running. This of course is the quickest way to for the rom to run with the exception that memory is limited (I believe current m3 has internal memory of 32 megabytes) so only roms fitting that size will fit in there...downfall = initial loading times to copy the rom onto the internal memory.
Do any DS games need normal mode though? Could slowdown be a problem without it? Really need a lot more reports from people who actually have a Pro.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
consult the wiki on games that runs better in normal mode. Off the top of my mind I know before Super Mario needed to run in normal mode so the wifi multiplayer and mini games don't lock up and animal crossing needed normal mode so wifi visits from friends don't lock up.

www.m3wiki.com

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.