M3 Pro Homebrew Compatibility

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by yardsman, Dec 10, 2006.

Dec 10, 2006

M3 Pro Homebrew Compatibility by yardsman at 10:32 PM (1,013 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. yardsman
    OP

Newcomer yardsman Member

United States
    Hi, I am considering getting a M3 Lite Pro because I have heard good things about the M3 line and GBA compatibility is not a big issue for me. I know that the loss of GBA support is a result of the M3 team removing the onboard memory. Does this memory removal result in loss of functionality in any homebrew programs, e.g. Moonshell?

Thanks for any help you can give.

2. mister k

Newcomer mister k Member

United Kingdom
    Hi Guys. This is my first post, seems like a cool forum. I've been having the same dilemma. Just getting into the ds homebrew scene, my mate flashed my ds for me the other day. After (a LOT) of research i think i'm gonna go for an M3 lite (it looks pretty good and they make it in blue [​IMG] ) . I'm pretty skint so i'll probably get the pro version. I just want to know it'll be ok for homebrew. In particular DSMidiWifi and Moonshell. Anyone had any experience with this.
    Thanks
    K

3. mister k

Newcomer mister k Member

United Kingdom
    Ok. I just ordered it, so i'll let you know what happens.
    K

4. yardsman
    OP

Newcomer yardsman Member

United States
    Good luck mister k. Again, if anybody has any tips on this subject, I'd REALLY appreciate it. I'm hoping to order one in time to receive it for Christmas, so if you have any tips, please reply ASAP.

5. mister k

Newcomer mister k Member

United Kingdom
    Just got it yesterday, and all the homebrew i've tried on it works. Mostly music stuff. Nitrotracker, all the DSMidiWifi stuff, wifi_lib_test, wifi file transfer. It comes with a version of moonshell already installed on it. I'll keep you posted, but it seems to have pretty much the same homebrew compatibility as the normal m3.

K

6. Gestahl

Member Gestahl GBAtemp Regular

Russia
    I think it depends on the MicroSD card. I wasn't able to run DSOrganize or ScummVM on my M3Lite with Kingston 1GB microSD card. Although the card was visible to ScummVM at first, it became undetectable after firmware 30c. [​IMG]

7. felix123

Member felix123 GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    You can't use all the features in DSlinux.