M3 perfect + slot1. Is it possible to link gba and nds games?

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Morfeatier, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Morfeatier
    OP

Newcomer Morfeatier Newbie

Brazil
    Is it possible?

I have an Acekard2 and a M3 perfect, is it possible to link Final Fantasy Tatics, mega mans, castlevanias and pokémons?
    Or I'll have to buy Ez-3x1? Or M3 real?

I searched around here and google for hours, Have seen mention to that but nothing real.

thanx

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Pokemon, no. The rest, only if you're running the DS game from the M3 Perfect and using its GBA linkage feature.

You cannot link a DS game on a slot 1 cart to a GBA game any standalone slot 2 flashcart the same way you can with the GBA expansion packs, with a few exceptions. The M3 Real can use the M3 Perfect as an expansion for GBA linkage (this even works for the pokeymen). Same with the slot 1 & 2 Supercards. The Elink is a standalone GBA flashcart, but it allows game linkage via a quick power cycle (you start the Elink, start the game, then turn the DS off and back on quickly, and then start the DS game).

Edit for accuracy: The oldschool GBA flashcarts that didn't have built in menus (such as the F2A) do work for GBA linkage with all games that don't try to read save data from the GBA game.

3. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Keep in mind some old-school GBA flash carts have the option of using a menu or not depending on whether you flash just one game to it or more than one. My Flash2Advance Ultra works this way. If you only flash one game to it, there's no menu, but if you add more than one then the menu is automatically added first before anything else.

4. miketh2005

Member miketh2005 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    lol'd!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!! POKEYMEN! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXD ROFL [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]