M3 Perfect SD (Slim)

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by whiteboy, Feb 12, 2007.

1. whiteboy
    OP

whiteboy Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2005
    First off let me say Hello
    I am a new user to this site and about to dive into the DS mod seen and I would like to get some feedback. So here it goes...

I am thinking of buying M3 Perfect SD (Slim) with Passcard 3 and wanted to know what kind of SD cards are compatible with it because I have a 4gb SD card and would like some input before I buy. I want to be able to play GBA and NDS as well as movies and music. That is why I am leaning towards the M3 Perfect instead of the nice DS-X. Any info would be nice. Thanks

2. mcbey

mcbey GBAtemp Regular

Dec 29, 2006
    United States
    Texas
  3. whiteboy
    OP

whiteboy Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2005
    What if I formatted it and created two partitions would that work. I tried view that link and they say nothing about creating two partitions. Thanks for your help.

4. whiteboy
    OP

whiteboy Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2005
    What card would you recommend?

5. mcbey

mcbey GBAtemp Regular

Dec 29, 2006
    United States
    Texas
    Sorry, I don't have a slot-2 card, Just learned of M3wiki when I was getting started, and when the news came out that GBAtemp was hosting it.

But if you don't want GBA support, Just get an R4. Best Slot-1 solution with 100% rom compatibility.

6. whiteboy
    OP

whiteboy Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2005
    Ok thanks
    DOes the R4 play Nes Emulator?

7. mcbey

mcbey GBAtemp Regular

Dec 29, 2006
    United States
    Texas
    Not yet. But thats because no one has made it DlDi compatible yet. Just a matter of time. If you want emulators and crap like that, then I suggest going for the M3 and passcard, But if you don't mind waiting then get the R4.

Its up to you.

8. Smack

Smack GBAtemp Regular

Jun 13, 2006
    Canada
    Vancouver, BC
    I am not entirely sure about the 4Gig cards but I have a few 1Gig ones and I have had issues with the Kingston 1Gig SD cards when using some homebrew, in particular nesDS. This may change with application updates but for the time being I am using a SanDisk for homebrew apps/games. I have heard PNY cards work well in the M3's as well.

9. mcbey

mcbey GBAtemp Regular

Dec 29, 2006
    United States
    Texas
    The Wiki does have a card compatibility list

10. whiteboy
    OP

whiteboy Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2005
    Dam so man products and just dont know which one I want the most R4 or DS-X.

11. juggernaut911

juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

Jul 13, 2006
    United States
    like the name whitey

12. whiteboy
    OP

whiteboy Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2005
    Well just remembered that I have a GBA cartridge with gba games and nes games on it. So I am going to get R4. Thanks for everyones help

13. mcbey

mcbey GBAtemp Regular

Dec 29, 2006
    United States
    Texas
    Dude get the R4.
    R4=$55(max)
    1GB TFcard=20$(max)
    55+20=$75

$75 < $120

R4 > DS-X

Put bluntly.
    Very bluntly.

14. whiteboy
    OP

whiteboy Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2005
    Just ordered my R4. Thanks Mcbey. Looking for a 2gb card now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice