M3 Perfect Mini SD (ver.3) GBA problems

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by OniKyanAE86, Apr 30, 2009.

Apr 30, 2009
  1. OniKyanAE86
    OP

Newcomer OniKyanAE86 Newbie

United States
    Hello, everyone, I have just gotten a M3 Perfect Mini SD (ver.3) and I have been having problems running GBA games, which is what I got it for. I have tried the M3 Game Manager Software (newest one which is ver. 36) and manually copying games to the Mini SD Card and from 30 games I have tried/run, only like 2-3 work. From what I noticed the 2-3 games that work, they are 4MB in size , but 8, 16, 24, and 32MB games fail to load. I have tried the different settings and have formatted two of my 2GB Mini SD cards (one a Sandisk and the other a TopRam) in Fat and Fat32 with different cluster sizes to see what would run better. Well Fat32 does not work at all for me on both cards with the M3 Perfect Mini SD. I believe that around firmware update 27 there were improvements in SD card reading and the M3 should be able to do Fat and Fat32, so far I'm stuck wit only Fat. Well both Mini SD cards work great for NDS games and media, the M3 Perfect as ram for the NDS Opera Browser works ,but GBA games do not work if they are larger than 4MB. I am currently using the newest firmware v35, and I'm still having problems with GBA games. If anyone can point me in the right direction to get GBA working, please let me know.

I have looked up the FAQ's, posts, and other sites regarding this and I have not been able to figure what I'm doing wrong if I in fact am doing something wrong. I hope to figure this out soon with your guys' help.

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
  3. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    Didn't the M3 perfect miniSD have the internal memory removed in favor of a cheaper and lighter DS only cart hence the support for GBA was dropped or am I wrong ?
    I still have an M3 Perfect SD and it works flawlessly with every GBA game I try.

4. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    All 3 versions could load up to 256Mbit for GBA, the only difference was the SD card or miniSD or CF.

only the DS games required patching because it was streamed directly.