Hardware M3 Perfect Lite Question

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have a question... or 3 to be precise...

1) Does the M3 Perfect Lite require any client software (like EZ Flash IV & Supercard do) to flash/patch the roms on the SD card?

2) Will it work in GB Micro or GC GBA Player?

3) What is the difference between the M3 Perfect Lite and and M3 Perfect...? (I really want the M3Perfect, but can't find it for sale anywhere)...

Thanks and regards!

toot.gif
smileipb2.png

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It comes with patcher software. While you don't *have* to patch GBA games to get them to run, it's recommended because it gives you better features (I'm not sure how well it can save if you don't patch, for instance).

As long as the cart physically fits in the GBM or GB Player, it should work.

The slot-2 M3 series has two different words to describe each product. The first is "Perfect" vs "Pro" in which the Perfect can play GBA games and the Pro can't. The second is the type of media it accepts: CF, SD, miniSD, and Lite (microSD). Thus, there really isn't such a thing as an "M3 Perfect" because that doesn't tell what type of card it uses, so it could describe the M3 Perfect CF, M3 Perfect SD, M3 Perfect MiniSD, or the M3 Perfect Lite. Sometimes vendors will only use one of the two words, so you'll have to be careful to make sure you're getting the right product.

The M3 Perfect Lite fits flush in a DS Lite but should also come with a shell that lets it fit into a standard GBA or a DS Phat.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to patch all GBA games that you want to save games on because M3 uses a weird .dat save format. You can convert the .dat to a more usable .sav file. The loader software is awkward but it's simple and fast to use once you get used to it. The M3 perfect lite comes with a gba shell so you will be able to use it on a gameboy micro. If using a gba on a GC is only a matter of a link cable you should be fine on that count also but I've never done that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: