M3 Perfect is being strange. What is up?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Mikkelstorgaard, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Mikkelstorgaard
    OP

Newcomer Mikkelstorgaard Member

Denmark
    My M3 Perfect isn't working properly.

When I start a game (for example Elite Beat Agents,) I (sometimes) get to play a bit before it hangs up, but other times it just hangs at the "loading game"-screen. It turns on the light on the upper screen, but nothing more than that. The lower screen stays the same.

I'm using the newest package "M3_V31_English.rar", but it says updategc.e30c in the setup on the M3 itself. Does this have anything to do with it?

2. Tir

Member Tir GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I have the wrong update version listed in mine too and things are playing up, don't know if it's because of that. In any case patch EBA with safe mode and it should run fine, I had to for it to work.

3. Mikkelstorgaard
    OP

Denmark
    It's all the games I throw at it that acts up [​IMG]

Also EBA with safe mode.

4. Mikkelstorgaard
    OP

Denmark
    A few days ago my M3 Perfect (CF) stopped working, so I've spent the last three days trying to fix it, but today I saved it! :woop:
    It almost never booted any games or homebrew, and when it did, it'd hang after a minute or two.

I opened it, wiped the CF- and GBA-slot-contacts with a piece of cloth, and put a piece of ducttape on the top of the case. Now it's running at full speed without crashing and making me cry.
    I'd really hate to send it back.

5. Ery

Member Ery GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    I don't know if this has something to do with this but do you trim your roms using the M3 Game Manager?