M3 Perfect in Hong Kong

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by joe_gamer, Jan 19, 2007.

Jan 19, 2007

M3 Perfect in Hong Kong by joe_gamer at 4:05 PM (1,359 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. joe_gamer
    OP

Member joe_gamer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hi,

My folks are going to HK soon, was wondering where I can get one and how much it would cost. Also, do they sell the English version there?

TIA [​IMG]

2. joe_gamer
    OP

United States
  3. wayne

wayne Newbie

go to kawloon golden computer building it full of computer shops in one place

4. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    They'd better have M3 Simply there. I'm going there next February and I'm trying to get as much shopping done before shops close up for Chinese New Year. I wonder if the DSlite is cheaper there and more available in colour?

5. iamwhoiam

Member iamwhoiam Honorary R4 Fanboy

United Kingdom
    mong kok district in kowloon, easily reachable by tube. technology district heaven

6. joe_gamer
    OP

United States
  7. doyama

Member doyama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    There's this semi-big mall in mon gok called "sun war" or something like that. It's a multi-level mall that sells mostly anime toy stuff. The 2nd level is games and you can find a few places that sell the NDS carts. Tho I never saw any M3 stuff, mostly just Supercards. They've unfortuantely closed down most of the copied Anime, PC, PS2, XBOX shops though.

Though in terms of it being electronics heaven that's somewhat debatable. I find that if you can buy it in America, its usually cheaper to buy it in America than getting it in Hong Kong. So I would avoid things like digital cameras and such. Hong Kong is good for purchasing things that are not made available outside Japan/Asian markets.

Another caveat is purchasing fake stuff. Somy and Panasomic are real companies that try to sell their crap off as their respective higher profile name-sakes. Or in my friend's situation, she bought a "DVD Player". Only to realize much much later, that in fact the COMPANY NAME was "DVD Player" and in fact the unit was only able to read VCDs. [​IMG]

8. nickvv

Newcomer nickvv Member

United States
    You can find just about every NDS flash cart ever released at the Golden Computer Shopping Centre in Sham Shui Po, Kowloon. Its a really great shopping complex, there isnt much you cant find there when it comes to electronic and computer products. Also keep in mind that there is no sales tax in Hong Kong so the prices are very competitive.

9. joe_gamer
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the info, you guys know what I should expect to pay for a M3 lite?