M3 or G6

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Link Master, Jul 5, 2006.

Jul 5, 2006

M3 or G6 by Link Master at 10:20 PM (1,132 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Link Master
    OP

Newcomer Link Master Member

Russia
    Im going to buy one of these soon and I need to know which one is alltogether better, So which one do you prefer?

2. sirdaver

Member sirdaver Advanced Member

United States
  3. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    Overall?
    M3.
    Equal to the G6 regarding game compatibility, but with expandable memory, for movies & mp3's.

That's the general overview.

But really, there are tons of reviews of all cards here on the forum, do some comparative reading. All the details, specs, pros and cons are there.

You know best what you are looking for in a card. You might need mp3 playback, or you might not. Maybe 512 MB is enough for you. Maybe it isn't. Maybe you have a DS Lite and don't want the card to stick out. Maybe you have a DS Phat and wouldn't care even if it had a concrete block dangling from Slot 2. Who knows?

4. harryjon35

Member harryjon35 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=31165

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=34239

read the reviews and judge for yourself. i also don't think many people already own a g6 since it just got released.

as both cards are from the m3 team you can expect excellent compatibility and update support for both.

or just do it like this: if you have the phat nds go for the m3 lite (doesn't stick out much), if you have a new nds lite go for the g6 doesn't stick out at all.

5. megatron_lives

Member megatron_lives GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    This is a hard question to answer. As Veho mentioned, it depends on what you're after in a flash card. For all over multimedia and GBA and DS you could say either the M3 or G6. However, I personally would think more about the G6
    as it has expandable media - It's the old cliché with digital volumes, you can always do with more disc space!

Also if price is a concern, there are others on the market. I'm not going to pretend that for example the EZ flash range are as good as the M3 or G6 for DS compatability, but as mentioned before it depends on what you're after.

I've racked my brains over this decision - G6 or M3 or etc..... but,

I'm still waiting for my EZ flash 4 lite for the DSlite to arrive. It's cheap which won me over, but their support is rubbish!

Good luck choosing, lets us know what you got and what you think of it - I'll take any excuse to buy more flash cards!

See ya [​IMG]

6. Schaden

Newcomer Schaden Member

Tonga
    Can someone clarify for me, G6 and M3 are made by the same company ?
    What are they just different lines ?
    I realize M3 takes memory cards and G6 is a fixed amount of internal memory, but the ASICs are the same or similiar ?
    [​IMG]

7. ron555

Member ron555 GBAtemp Fan

I thought about the EZFlash 4 too, but the quality of this product is subpar versus it's competition. Plus don't forget about a 35-40 USD MicroSD card's price.