Lysergyde

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm new to all this stuff so please bear with me. I only found out my DS could do all this stuff a couple of weeks ago.

I've been sifting through the copious amounts of info about all the different types of devices (M3,R4 etc etc) but I'm still having trouble making a decision.

If I purchase a M3 Simply, a M3 Lite, Micro SD Cards and a Micro SD Card USB adapter I should be good to do pretty much everything right? Movies, MP3's, and DS, GBA, SNES, NES etc emulation?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
you really shouldn't need to buy a usb adapter as the m3dss come with one in the pack.
smile.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yep, you'll be pretty much set with the above. The M3 Simply usually comes with a reader, but you may want to invest in one that may be faster/more reliable.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ozmodchips (Victorian based online store) has the M3 Simply in stock, and it's fairly cheap considering you will get it very fast.

As for the M3 Lite, you will need to look outside Australia for that. Try RealHotStuff or bamboogaming (bamboogaming is cheaper, but they don't ship boxes and may take longer). There are some other stores you could try too.

As for microSDs, Australia is kind of in a rut due to the absence of stores such as buy.com and newegg.com which the US residents enjoy. You can order from dealextreme, which is probably the cheapest shipped to Australia, but at the expense of shipping time (4 weeks or something).

blu9987

Trophies
Website
www.clan-geno.net
XP
Country
United States
Any suggestions on where to buy them online from?

Or do most places have similar prices?

consolesource.com seemed alright, but once again I'm pretty new to all this stuff.

1st i'd like to reply to the "use the one it comes it" DO NOT use the microsd reader it comes with. It scratches the gold pads on your microsd card...
I bought a SD reader and i use the microsd adapter that came with my j-kingston 1gb microsds.

gp2xstore.com is where I got mine and my gf's carts (m3 for me r4 for her), 2 day shipping = $6.95
**edit: oops gp2xstore is based in california, US... didn't realize you were European**

Buy a japan made kingston 1gb microsd, it worth it..
they raised their price by 3 dollars, but here is a nice one
http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1458
free international shipping, though it takes approx 14 days.

Instead of paying like $80 for a m3 lite, i'd get a ez flash 3-in-1 for $19. It playes GBA roms *1 at a time through NOR ram or you can boot some in PSram* has rumble options, and expansion ram so you can use the DS browser.
http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2967
they also have it in white.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1