Hacking M3 new firmware: M3Sakura preview

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
If they pull this out all the way, it could easy be the break out for the M3..
M3 was one of the strongest names in Flash scene, they got little back with M3 Real's lousy GUI (and by the way, I actually really like current GUI, it is very skinable so I could really make it "my own" and slowness and touch problems aren't that bad for me)..
This "firmware replacement" could make M3 Real the best card out there..I just can't wait for this thing to be translated and released..

saulin

Trophies
XP
Country
Meh it just looks pink!

I'm happy with the current firmware. The only thing I could wish for if they could add it would be RTS.

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've always liked that the REAL cards had the best interface and this JUMPS lightyears ahead of what the competitors have in their cards.I hope it gets menu sounds and animation (I know... I'm dreaming lol)

Anyone know when it will get a 1.0 release and where can I find the wip beta if available?

ahtin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
the beta firmware will not public because Team M3 afraid their code was stolen for another cards, the sakura kernel beta 1 can only run 5 mins, if you dont like pink color, skin is avaliable for DIY, this is a new kernel, also www.gbalpha.jp have been online since march and some of the famous animate can be download right now

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ahtin said:
the beta firmware will not public because Team M3 afraid their code was stolen for another cards, the sakura kernel beta 1 can only run 5 mins, if you dont like pink color, skin is avaliable for DIY, this is a new kernel, also www.gbalpha.jp have been online since march and some of the famous animate can be download right now

I'm sorry I can't find anything (I don't understand japanese)...
wacko.gif
I just want know more about the skinning, and maybe start making a skin . I have a few skins on the downloads section and will make more new skins for the card and really like the new firmware they are doing..

do you have a link for that DIY skin? that sakura skin looks beautiful... great gfx designers...

ringorinfret

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow this new kernel looks fantastic, the current one is ok but this new one looks very promising

my wish list:

- Icons that can be added and configured to launch any homebew for easy and fast launch (DSorganize, Beup...others)
- DivX support from the media player (unlikely)
- More than 128 games in a folder (I got 8gb card) and more than one NDS folder
- Show more than 4 games in one screen for game and homebrew selection
- Possibility to start the nintendo bios (or whatever it is called) for Download play (currently have to remove cartridge from DS) and configurations (morning timer etc)

that's almost all I can think of right now :-)

Also I would be available to translate in French or Spanish (or English) if the team is looking for someone

regards

yzx571

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
funem said:
Any work on the current look and feel is a good news but I would like to know what this means though :- "Specific adapters, MicroSD particular may not work."
???????????MicroSD???????????????? Specific adapters, MicroSD particular may not work
Certain MicroSDs and adapters may not work with Sukura.i.e. not compatible with it.

tguellich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I just ran Sakura and I got the video and the mp3 playback to work. Which I did like a lot, very nice looking and smooth. Nothing else seems to be working. I couldn't run a DS rom, any other type of rom, look at pictures, or use pdaDS. Is this all there is to the beta right now or am I doing something wrong?

ahtin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
ridgecity said:
ahtin said:

wacko.gif
I just want know more about the skinning, and maybe start making a skin . I have a few skins on the downloads section and will make more new skins for the card and really like the new firmware they are doing..

do you have a link for that DIY skin? that sakura skin looks beautiful... great gfx designers...

They provide skin tools for making DIY skin, I dont know the skin tools can public or not, let me ask for you and reply you later

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ahtin said:
ridgecity said:
ahtin said:

wacko.gif

They provide skin tools for making DIY skin, I dont know the skin tools can public or not, let me ask for you and reply you later

Could you please ask if the G6 will use this also? or is the G6 a discontinued product? thanks ahtin!

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
ridgecity said:
ahtin said:
ridgecity said:
ahtin said:

wacko.gif

Could you please ask if the G6 will use this also? or is the G6 a discontinued product? thanks ahtin!
YES i really want to know this too.

I tried the beta2 and it doesnt work on my G6. FAT init is failing or something (i guess becasue the builds have only kept m3 in mind).

If they abandon the G6 i will be pissed.

stefanol

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I have run it on my DS - and one word : FABULOUS!
biggrin.gif
It looks great, it's quick - just as i expected. NDS games doesn't work yet, homebrew is working good. Can't wait to english beta - this chinese/japanese language is not for me
smile.gif

saulin

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
G6 will be OK to use after it finished and public

How do you know?

Well if this will replace the current firmware I just hope they add support for the G6 Real as well since up to now the G6/M3 have shared the same software. I wouldn't want to get another flash cart yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the...