Hacking M3 new firmware: M3Sakura preview

habbah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it would have been nice to have set another date to look foward 2. but it cant be that far considering they thought they would have it done by now? am i right?

D

Deleted User

Keep your heads up high guys. I have a feeling that the firmware really is on the way. For those of you who have not noticed, there is a new revision of the old style m3ds firmware v. 3.5. The m3 team took the time to replace the images that show up when you start a .nds game with a new image that has the m3sakura logo and says coming soon. Check it out. Although it may not be out by the end of the month, I'll still give it a couple more weeks.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
RomanHelmet said:
Keep your heads up high guys. I have a feeling that the firmware really is on the way. For those of you who have not noticed, there is a new revision of the old style m3ds firmware v. 3.5. The m3 team took the time to replace the images that show up when you start a .nds game with a new image that has the m3sakura logo and says coming soon. Check it out. Although it may not be out by the end of the month, I'll still give it a couple more weeks.
Hate to be a pessimist but the Sakura loading screen has been around for a few versions (Since 3.2, I think. My memory is fuzzy). That was around the time Sakura was originally announced.

D

Deleted User

Chrono_Tata said:
Hate to be a pessimist but the Sakura loading screen has been around for a few versions (Since 3.2, I think. My memory is fuzzy). That was around the time Sakura was originally announced.

That's weird. I have always updated as soon as they release new firmware, and I have never gotten that updated loading screen before. I wonder why that is then.

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It could be buggy, but I don't think it will be, because the beta was really the first version, and I couldn't find any bugs in it at all!

Anyway, if anyone is interested I'm making a new skin for Sakura, and this time I'm using all my own work to do it, unlike my other skin. It's also in English seeing as I'm basing it off NeoGunKuruma, Densetsu3000 and Toni Plutonij's files (I hope you don't mind, I can give you credit if you want). I'm going to release it after Sakura is released, because some of the files might be different, etc.

Here is a small preview (suggestions and crits are welcome!):

I couldn't do much for a preview, so it doesn't look exactly how it will, but I tried to make it close.

Main screen:
affinitypreview.jpg

Main screen with system menu:
affinitypreviewwithsysbox.jpg

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yes, the "loading" and "creating save" screens were replaced with Sakura coming soon in 3.2 version, and from then, every new firmware update has them..

I agree with habbah, it would be nice if they set a new release date, so we could count down, and expect it on schedule..

@stratton_865: I don't mind if you use our translated skin, I don't think NeoGunKuruma and Densetsu3000 will disagree either..
I can only say that I like very much what I see in this preview..Skin will look great if you manage to pull it out like that..Only, take in consideration that final product of Sakura might be very different from the current one, and that it could be icon based, but it shouldn't be a problem to adopt it..Keep up the great work, I like it so far, very much..

NeoGunKuruma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stratton_865 said:
It's also in English seeing as I'm basing it off NeoGunKuruma, Densetsu3000 and Toni Plutonij's files (I hope you don't mind, I can give you credit if you want).

Nope, I don't mind, XD
I encourage making skins.
That's whay I said do whatever the heck you want with the translated skin.
I'm not going to "copyright" the english language XD.

Only if you really want to give credit to me and the group, otherwise you don't need to credit anyone.

I like sharing my work ^__^.

Pauloc7s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hello people! the last post was yesterday, so, i'll reply the topic today... just to bring it back to life.
huh... sakura already can be used? ok, i'll reformulate my question... The beta is functional? the media player works? I can access games and homebrews through firmware beta of sakura (.NDS version)?

Sorry about the excess of commas... i'm brazillian and here we use the commas differently.
Sorry about the grammatical errors too... I'm just a student. I can understand everything that you write. However, I can't write very well in English. This means that I no longer participate in the topics often.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi!
Sakura can be used (testing beta), but it only plays music and .dpg video, it doesn't run games or anything else..
It was just the preview version, so we could all see how it will be alike..

You write good enough so everyone can understand what are you asking! So, if you like, you could be more active in topics..

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Probably, but, there's really no need for that..Sakura will come in the near future, it's not like our lifes are depending on it..
And, this beta test is unstable, and often corrupts microSDs, so it would be bad to "improve" it with nds compatibility, and risk getting your microSD broken..

D

Deleted User

Toni Plutonij said:
Probably, but, there's really no need for that..Sakura will come in the near future, it's not like our lifes are depending on it..
And, this beta test is unstable, and often corrupts microSDs, so it would be bad to "improve" it with nds compatibility, and risk getting your microSD broken..

That's what they said in the near past. They lied.

It's been passed it's 'release date', it's pretty fail.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
warmijwilfaain said:
Toni Plutonij said:

Just because it took longer than they thought it would doesn't mean they were lying.

Really though, grab your panties, put them back on, and just sit quietly in the corner until it is or isn't released. Your cart works fine without it.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
They released a note, why was it delayed, but I can't really understand the reason..Check the other topic (chaotic_geo made it) for more informations..

So, they didn't lie about actual releasing, they just simply missed the deadline..
Wait (there isn't much you can do besides that), and Sakura will come, sooner or later..

Pauloc7s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I lost one 2GB micro sd while testing sakura... but no problem... the guarantee covered this "bug". I'll wait for the definitive version.

=(

anyway... bye, guys... and thanks for the replies!

iffy525

not famous
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
warmijwilfaain said:
Toni Plutonij said:

Just because something has been delayed doesn't mean it is fail. Twilight Princess was delayed for a really long time and look how it turned out. SSBB was also delayed for about 3 months and look how it turned out. Both of these games were great. I'm sure M3Sakura will be great as well.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, we can all try to guess how it will be, but time will show..It shouldn't be long until it's released, and I'd rather wait for the final version, than play with this test one, because it is in fact unstable (many corrupts, and now, even a broken microSD)..

D

Deleted User

iffy525 said:
warmijwilfaain said:
Toni Plutonij said:

Just because something has been delayed doesn't mean it is fail. Twilight Princess was delayed for a really long time and look how it turned out. SSBB was also delayed for about 3 months and look how it turned out. Both of these games were great. I'm sure M3Sakura will be great as well.
¬_¬ Not as good as everyone was expecting, to be honest, everyone was expecting another Ocarina Of Time/Majora's Mask.
Not saying it was BAD, but...

Anyway yeah I hope it'll be out soon
frown.gif

D

Deleted User

for anyone who thinks sakura broke their sd card. i loaded it up for the first time, and it corrupted my sd card to the point that it would crash windows when i put it in my adapter and in my usb port. luckily i had backed up my card for just such an occasion. so it looked like my card was toast, not even recognizable. as a last hope, i put the card into a mac os x machine, and to my surprise, not only did the mac recognize it, but it could read the card just fine as if nothing happened! so i formatted the card and now all is well. moral of the story, try an unrecognizable card under os x if windows doesn't like it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That be sweet tho, xbox/gamepass games on the go would be nice
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    AI needs money for AI drugs lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Ai Cocaine Is a hell of a drug."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ai doc my reality prescriptions running low I need 5,000mg
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Ok for real i'm back
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    generative AI is getting better at animating stuff, but still looks like a fever dream in most cases
    +1
  • T @ Texasauras:
    GOLD GRAIN 1/4 QUARTER BARS FOR LIKE $5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro lost all his money on gacha toys
    https://gachax2.com/
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, i thought you were spamming
    +1
  • T @ Texasauras:
    i was just telling everyone i was collecting bullion, desperate times calls for desperate measures
  • T @ Texasauras:
    i was just "window" shopping
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna leave in any moment
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro if i drop a stack on red and you drop a stack on black at the roulette table and we pushed, does that mean i gave you a stack?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, i don't get it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wut
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have it you fucking monster
  • T @ Texasauras:
    what i didn't do anything!
  • T @ Texasauras:
    since i doubled up, or you lost your stack and if i gave it to you instead of running off at the roulette table does that mean i "gave" you a stack lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop touching people's stacks
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Can I get AI to make Home Alone VS Micheal Jackson and R Kelly as the new wet bandits?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i have access to an AI that makes CGI movie scenes
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    it's in beta
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it's in beta