M3 Lite Real "Time Saving" Probems

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by shinomori, Oct 30, 2006.

Oct 30, 2006
  1. shinomori
    OP

Newcomer shinomori Newbie

United States
    Hi all, I'm a new to this scene and I have a question I hope can be answered. I brought the M3-LITE using a 2gig Corsair MicroSD (formatted FAT32). I flashed it with the new v29 firmware that's on the official site and can run roms without any issues. The problem I have is with the M3-Lite's advertised "Real Time Saving". I read online that a directory titled "NDSSAVE" has to be created in the root directory (which I done); and the M3 Game manager will created a .DAT file for all roms copied. My issue is the "NDSSAVE Restore Menu", which I can't select anything except the default file. Actually I can't tell what the extension is called because all I see is "0569- Dragon Quest Heros - Roc". When the game loads up, it just goes to the main menu, no real time saving to me. I know this sounds pretty silly but can anyone give me some pointers? Thanks in advance.

2. martin88

Member martin88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Real time saving is only for GBA games.

3. shinomori
    OP

United States
    So what are all the .DAT files in NDSSAVE for? I thought the M3-Lite could save games without you actually going to a savepoint within the game because everytime you turn on the DS, it warns you that it's currently saving.

4. shinomori
    OP

United States
    And also, what's the NDS Save Menu for when you load up a rom?

5. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    the .dat files are M3's so called .sav save files.

The reason it has the nds save menu when you load a rom is so you can load a backed up save (say on phoenix wright, your brother wants his own save. this way its possible).

6. Samutz

Member Samutz Wet Tissue Sample

United States
    They're also there because you can't store all of your saves in the cart's save memory at the same time. When you boot the M3, the save memory is stored in the .dat file so that the next game's save memory can be loaded.

7. Shadow-Zero

Member Shadow-Zero GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I never used the Real Time Save option for my M3 Lite and today I did accidentally Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, which resulted in my save games being wiped out somehow [​IMG]
    What I think I did was the "Load" option. Was the problem I never used the Real Time Save, and if you use the Load option then, you'll lose everything?

What do the Save Backup 1 and Load Backup 1 exactly do? That's an option for a extra save file??