Hacking M3 lite Questions

Asha Kai

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just got my M3 lite a few days ago, it seems to work fine, except I must use the extended menu to play txt files, movies or pics. Is it normal that the main menu options do not show there respective files on the card? NDS files are working fine both ways as they should.
The extended menu does not seem to be skinable is this correct? and what is the point of this menu it is the same as the main menu just looks diffrent?
Is there a way to load straight to my nds file list? bypassing the main menu.
After i finish a game do i always need to reset and allow the card to back up the save, does it not just save straight to the correct file anyway?
What is the PDA button for? what software can be loaded under this option?

I have looked around for these answers but can seem to find the info i need, thank to anyone that could help.

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
The extend menu is actually not the same, it's Moonshell. Which from what I've read, they plan to replace the main menu with Moonshell in the future.

As for media (music, movies, pictures), in order to access them with the main menu, you must convert them using M3's Movie Converter (yes pictures and music too).

I haven't had any problems reading txt files with either menu.

I don't believe the Moonshell built-in to the M3 is skinnable, but I may be mistaken. However, I've read that you can install Moonshell on your card and skin that installation.

You do not have to reset everytime to save, you can just turn off the DS and the M3 will save it the next time you turn it on.
Also, when you save in a game, it is not saved directly to the file on your card. It is saved to the ram on the M3, then that ram is saved to the file the next time you boot the M3.

The PDA function uses the PDA software found on M3's site. It's only available in Chinese though.

I reccomend reading these FAQs for more info:
http://www.m3adapter.com/faq.htm
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=29255

Asha Kai

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
im still wondering if there is a way to load straight to my nds file list bypassing the main menu or if I can boot straight to moonshell (not the built in one).
If i put moon shell on the sd card will it replace the built in menu? and if so will saves still function correctly.

Firon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can boot to the built-in one by holding start when booting. No way to do it for the external Moonshell. Putting moonshell on the SD card will not replace the built in Extend either.

Asha Kai

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
how do i make dpg movies play from the main menu, will they only play via moonshell?
i though dpg was a native file for M3 cards and moonshell was developed for other cards to play dpgs files

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE