KINGOFNOOBS

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think I am going to sell my Supercard Lite for a M3 Lite.. Supercard Lite is GREAT but eh. I'm just curious about the competition.

1. Does DS Organize, DS Mail, etc work? How good is homebrew support?
2. GBA Compat?
3. DS Compat?
4. Ease of use.
5. Save system.
6 Extra features?

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ummm....every try searching and reading?

1) Homebrew support is good but not as vast as supercards, that is the general consensus. I got DS organize Green to work fine if that means anything.

2) Near perfect, I don't think there is a game you will want to play that cannot be ran perfectly on the m3 lite.

3) DS Compatibility = the same as supercard, except maybe right now it's actually better because the new software for m3 already came out while supercard is still a tad behind.

4) Easy to use to me, but then I've used M3 from the beginning with a m3 sd....learning curve is maybe oh.....10 minutes....you determine if it's easy for you.

5) Save system is similar to g6, it saves games in battery powered sram and writes them onto the micro sd card when you reboot.

6) Extra features, plenty, ebook, integrated moonshell, skinnable interface, whatever. Plenty of things to look at.

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
It's hard to tell between m3 and g6. but from what i've gathered on the forums, the supercard has a little better homebrew support.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check my flashcart guide on both as I give flashcart comparisons on every flashcart released and upcoming here:

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=27045

The guide also includes pictures and everything!

But IMO the SuperCard Lite is much better than the M3 Lite as its faster in performance with any microSD, has a better save system which doesn't require a restart, supports beter homebrew (including new copies of dsorganize as m3 is no longer supported). The only thing better on the M3 is that it can do 10% of GBA games better but other than that you also have to take out the cart which is very tight like the SuperCard Lite in order to change files. IMO you're better off with the SuperCard Lite.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
m3 lite very tight? Strange, mine is perfect, just like the g6 lite.
Exactly the same fit as the dust cover.

only the supercard lite is tight, both white and black.

and i think it is sad that supercard still cant manage to get mario kart GBA running in fullspeed.
That was the first game I tried when i got the supercard lite.
And although the slowdown was less then with supercard min-sd, it still was there
frown.gif

When you turn a corner and enemies are nearby it will begin to stutter.

Topsy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My M3 Lite came in the black cart and man, it was hella tight in my white DSL. Hard to get out - nothing like my G6 Lite (very smooth fit).

But, the black cart fits fine in my onyx DSL. Little tighter than the G6, but no trouble getting it in and out. Go figure?

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well FifthE1ement failed to mention that GBA saving on the Supercard is a big pain in the ass because it's all done manually instead of automatic like the DS so you might forget to save one time and lose whatever progress you made.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't forget to mention anything as all of that is in my guide. But if you check my flashcart comparison chart you will see that the SuperCard Lite is the better flashcart overall. My guide explains everything inlcuding the pros and cons of every flashcart and the ones you mentioned are there.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All you said in that guide that GBA saving is tricky.. Whatever that means to someone that's new to the scene..

Go tell the specifics and say that "GBA sram saving is done all manually unlike the DS side"

EDIT: And why do you keep insisting that an extra $20-30 is an arm and a leg.. Anyone with a job can sustain that no problem.. So what? The DS-Extreme costs your brain to buy?

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not going to argue with you as its your own opinion, however, when you are already spending at least $100+ for a flashcart setup, an extra $30 is quite a bit. Especially if you want the flashcart for mainly DS in which the SuperCard is better at anyway.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey just pointing out that your guide is pretty biased towards the Supercard and it's not an opinion that an arm and a leg is a seriously bad analogy to use as I know you're trying to make the Supercard look good..

Besides, if you want to see the big picture, a smart buyer would buy a slot 2 flashcart with good nds and gba support while waiting for the inevitable slot 1 solution that will be hitting mass market soon from all the major flashcart devs.

Then you would use slot 1 for nds gaming and slot 2 for gba and some nds games that you rarely play.. Both slots used effectively instead of one having some nopass (waste of money) that does literally nothing but boot whatever is on slot 2

Also you need to update your guide as the GBA/NDS Linkage is working on both M3/G6 way better than before

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...