M3 Lite Question

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by jmoe316, Sep 29, 2006.

Sep 29, 2006

M3 Lite Question by jmoe316 at 4:46 PM (1,039 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. jmoe316
    OP

Newcomer jmoe316 Member

Canada
    Currently, I have a M3 slim that I use on my old DS. I think my fiance is getting me a Lite next month for my birthday with the deal that I'd give her my old DS and maybe even my M3. So now I have to get another M3 and I am undecided whether to get a slim again or the M3 Lite. I love how the Lite would fit perfectly in the slot.

The only thing keeping me from making it an absolute buy is that it takes Micro SD cards. My cell phone takes the cards so I know how small they are. You always read how you have to be careful and that they aren't meant for constant removal and insertion in devices. Problem is that with a flash cart, I could be removing that card on a weekly basis almost.

So my question is for those that have a M3 Lite, are the stories true about the micro SD cards? I don't want to buy a card and then have to buy another a few months later.

2. |WickeD&#12

Newcomer |WickeD&#12 Member

well i have a ez4 lite (aslo uses TF memory) and i have taken my tf card in and out of its adapter and sd reader like every other day for the past 3 months. it dosent have the same spring load like a m3lite does so i have to use tweezers to get it out. just be carfull but no its not glass you will be fine if thats your only consirn. just buy a Sandisc ^_~ [​IMG]

3. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    ummmm, a couple points you might want to know:

1) If you buy a microsd that's 1 gig or more, that's quite a bit of games, I don't thnk you'll be taking that in and out to change games on a weekly basis.

2) The m3 lite is spring loaded so the microsd is locked into place.

3) The m3 lite is side loading so when the m3l is in the ds lite, it's not even exposed and has 0 possibilities of falling out.

4) Only time your m3 lite comes out is when you want to change something on the microsd.....so why would it get lost? I don't understand this part because when you take it out, it's not like you're taking it out in the middle of an urban city, you're taking it out in an environment where you have a computer to work on the transflash.

So you're worrying for nothing is my conclusion.

4. jmoe316
    OP

Newcomer jmoe316 Member

Canada
    Thanks for the fast responses guys!

yeah, the only thing i was worried about if there was great wear and tear on the card, making it unusable quickly. Also, the M3 lite being spring-loaded is great! It's a pain to take the card out of my cell phone cuz it just pushes in.

once again, thanks! Looks like I'm getting an M3 Lite! I absolutely love my M3 slim and have no complaints whatsoever with the M3 team. Any game that doesn't work when it is released is usually fixed within a matter of days.

Thanks again.

5. Vincent Vega

Member Vincent Vega GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Just be carefully with your MicroSD card. [​IMG]
    M3 Lite is awesome!

6. sandreezy

Newcomer sandreezy Advanced Member

United States
    whats also cool about the m3lite is that the sd card is locked in place. even if you press it, it takes a little pit of power to pull it out from the locking mechanizm

7. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    This is called your case is misaligned. I had that problem when I changed cases with 1 of the m3 lites I had and I realigned it and it works like a regular spring loaded slot.

8. melloncollie

Member melloncollie GBAtemp Regular

United States
    What's the maximum size M3 adapters are compatible with?

9. iza

Member iza gbatemp, the new crack

United States
    2gigs in the biggest they make right now...

10. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    If you mean the lite, then yes 2 gigs is the largest microsd available. But other versions of m3s using cf, regular sd, or mini sds have the 4 gig cards.

11. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    why dont buy a kingston microsd card? they give lifetime warranty, so you dont have to worry about damaging your card [​IMG]