so, it can't play GBA games over 32M?

as in 32 MB? cause, well, there are no games over that size
tongue.gif

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you'd think the Slot2 cart offerings would be enhancing their GBA functionality at this point, rather than abandoning it. Since the Slot1 products that are being released can't do GBA, it seems pretty obvious that having GBA compatibility would be a strong selling point for the Slot2 products.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it just me or does everyone else find it being called "Pro" find it confusing. "Pro" is usually used when a product is better not when its worse. Maybe they should have called it M3 basic or something.
Agreed; it's a really misleading product title. I immediately thought of the XP Home/Pro differences where the Pro version offers much more functionality.

Madrigal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This isn't a new product from them other than the annoucment of the Pro "Lite" model. They have been selling the "Pro" versions for months now. They have very little RAM which only allows for very few, almost no, GBA games to work. Their price is very low, $39.95 for the miniSD version and the "Lite" model will debut at $41.95. This is just another ploy, just like the SuperCard Rumble, to quickly release a product and make some extra money before the Slot 1 solutions come out.
I don't see how it's a ploy when they have been offering the Pro line since long before the Slot 1 solutions were developed. For those that aren't interested in GBA, but want the M3's nice, customizable menu system at an affordable price, this is a viable option. Also, not everyone can afford $80 for a flashcard.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't a new product from them other than the annoucment of the Pro "Lite" model. They have been selling the "Pro" versions for months now. They have very little RAM which only allows for very few, almost no, GBA games to work. Their price is very low, $39.95 for the miniSD version and the "Lite" model will debut at $41.95. This is just another ploy, just like the SuperCard Rumble, to quickly release a product and make some extra money before the Slot 1 solutions come out.

I don't see how it's a ploy when they have been offering the Pro line since long before the Slot 1 solutions were developed. For those that aren't interested in GBA, but want the M3's nice, customizable menu system at an affordable price, this is a viable option. Also, not everyone can afford $80 for a flashcard.
It is a ploy to compete with the SuperCard Rumble even though they really can't. Its a ploy as now they are announcing a "Lite" model and English versions. Also why would I want to pay $42 bucks for a cool menu when I can get a SuperCard Lite Rumble for approximately $28 that maintains perfect DS compatibility and performance and adds a rumble feature!? SuperCard released the Rumble series to tide users over until the Sl1 version products and now M3 is throwing their hat into the ring. The problem is M3 has nothing to offer as its offering is quite a bit more and offers nothing. Save your money and buy a SuperCard Rumble!

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

D

Djammer

you'd think the Slot2 cart offerings would be enhancing their GBA functionality at this point, rather than abandoning it. Since the Slot1 products that are being released can't do GBA, it seems pretty obvious that having GBA compatibility would be a strong selling point for the Slot2 products.

I totally agree with you about utilizing the slot 2 enhancing the GBA functions rather than giving up on them!

Cheers just got my SC Lite
yaynds.gif

Madrigal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

It is a ploy to compete with the SuperCard Rumble even though they really can't. Its a ploy as now they are announcing a "Lite" model and English versions. Also why would I want to pay $42 bucks for a cool menu when I can get a SuperCard Lite Rumble for approximately $28 that maintains perfect DS compatibility and performance and adds a rumble feature!? SuperCard released the Rumble series to tide users over until the Sl1 version products and now M3 is throwing their hat into the ring. The problem is M3 has nothing to offer as its offering is quite a bit more and offers nothing. Save your money and buy a SuperCard Rumble!

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif
Now you're just being silly. The whole rest of thier line is available in the pro version, so why is it a ploy that they are now offering it in the Lite version as well? Also, they said shortly after the Lite version was released that there would be a pro version available a few months down the road. So this has nothing to do with the Supercard rumble's release.

As far as perfect DS compatibility, I don't know what you are talking about there as the M3 Pro has the same compatibility as the regular M3 which is near perfect and I would say better than the SC because they release new versions of thier patcher A LOT quicker than SC to fix non working games.

As far as M3's menu vs. SC's rumble, I personally would far rather have a nice, customizeable GUI rather than pointless rumble. That was in fact what finally drove me away from SC to the M3. I've made my own theme for it and I LOVE the way it looks.

IMO the SC's rumble is totally pointless and that is what is a ploy. Not an M3 Lite pro to fit in with the rest of thier pro line that they said would be available months ago...

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question is... with the fact that GBA games are not supported(over that low file size of 32 Megabits), how does NDS-GBA linkage work? The same compatibility as before? I'm just wondering on this subject because although I don't use the feature yet, when they support it for Pokemon Diamond/Pearl when they come out in USA I may want to use the feature then.

FifthE1ement

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif
Now you're just being silly. The whole rest of thier line is available in the pro version, so why is it a ploy that they are now offering it in the Lite version as well? Also, they said shortly after the Lite version was released that there would be a pro version available a few months down the road. So this has nothing to do with the Supercard rumble's release.

As far as perfect DS compatibility, I don't know what you are talking about there as the M3 Pro has the same compatibility as the regular M3 which is near perfect and I would say better than the SC because they release new versions of thier patcher A LOT quicker than SC to fix non working games.

As far as M3's menu vs. SC's rumble, I personally would far rather have a nice, customizeable GUI rather than pointless rumble. That was in fact what finally drove me away from SC to the M3. I've made my own theme for it and I LOVE the way it looks.

IMO the SC's rumble is totally pointless and that is what is a ploy. Not an M3 Lite pro to fit in with the rest of thier pro line that they said would be available months ago...

Yeah, show me the statement in which M3 said they would be releasing all of their products in a "Pro" models series a few months back?! And if you don't think they are trying to no compete with the SuperCard Rumble series then you are really blinded by fanboism!

The SuperCard Rumble and Pro series would both make great DS only flashcarts but that fact that the SuperCard Rumble adds something new for much less makes it a much better buy. The SuperCard GUI is one of the fastest and best allowing you to go from boot-up to game in less than ten seconds. Why do you need a skinable GUI with icons when you are just picking a game and playing?

And you say you would rather have a customizable GUI rather than Rumble just furthers how much of a fanboi you are. Why pay almost a quarter more for a flashcart without any cool features when you can get a SuperCard Lite Rumble with perfect DS and a cool new Rumble feature?!

I understand that the SueprCard Rumble is a gimmicky ploy and I agree with you but when you compare the SuperCard Rumble to the M3 Pro series if you can see that the SuperCard Rumble series is a better buy then you are crazy. The cheap price and added rumble are just icing on the cake for a flashcart buying wanting a perfect, cheap, DS only solution!

And to spikeygcps2, GBA/DS Linkage should work fine but it hasn't been tested as of yet. The DS/GBA linkage function was built-into the DS side of the SuperCard so it should still be in the Rumble version. Hopefully this can be confirmed in the next couple of days but I can't see why not.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

Madrigal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif

Yeah, show me the statement in which M3 said they would be releasing all of their products in a "Pro" models series a few months back?! And if you don't think they are trying to no compete with the SuperCard Rumble series then you are really blinded by fanboism!

The SuperCard Rumble and Pro series would both make great DS only flashcarts but that fact that the SuperCard Rumble adds something new for much less makes it a much better buy. The SuperCard GUI is one of the fastest and best allowing you to go from boot-up to game in less than ten seconds. Why do you need a skinable GUI with icons when you are just picking a game and playing?

And you say you would rather have a customizable GUI rather than Rumble just furthers how much of a fanboi you are. Why pay almost a quarter more for a flashcart without any cool features when you can get a SuperCard Lite Rumble with perfect DS and a cool new Rumble feature?!

I understand that the SueprCard Rumble is a gimmicky ploy and I agree with you but when you compare the SuperCard Rumble to the M3 Pro series if you can see that the SuperCard Rumble series is a better buy then you are crazy. The cheap price and added rumble are just icing on the cake for a flashcart buying wanting a perfect, cheap, DS only solution!

And to spikeygcps2, GBA/DS Linkage should work fine but it hasn't been tested as of yet. The DS/GBA linkage function was built-into the DS side of the SuperCard so it should still be in the Rumble version. Hopefully this can be confirmed in the next couple of days but I can't see why not.

FifthE1ement
yaynds.gif
I can't remember where I saw it. Maybe the M3 forums? It was an e-mail from Danny.

Honestly this is all a matter of opinion, but I really could care less about rumble. I would much rather have a nice GUI than rumble. It simply doesn't do anything for me. I'm the type though that likes to customize everything. On my PC I have custom themes, icons, everything. Everything about the GUI has been customized.

I had the SC for over a year, so I know all about the menu. Yes, it is a bit faster, but I always found it too boring and wished I could make it look nice. In fact, on the SC forums probably the #2 request (behind better GBA compatibility) to Romman is a nice, customizeable GUI. Not once have I ever seen anyone ask for rumble
tongue.gif

About better value, that all depends on what you are looking for. Yes, the SC is cheaper, but I and I'm sure a lot of others don't care about rumble. In fact, I would rather NOT have it. It seems like it would be annoying. A nice GUI is important to me. When I boot into the M3, I feel like I'm booting into an OS on my DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill