Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
From GBATemp's review of the M3 Lite Pro:
QUOTE said:
Let's address the one difference between M3 "Perfect" and "Professional". Professional is made strictly for NDS use. By reducing the memory size, which cuts costs and is cheaper for consumers to afford, GBA functionality has been stripped away. If you're considering this product, then you're already omitting GBA playback as a deciding factor. This means that GBA ROMs won't be on your day-to-day activities, though the smaller ROMs will still work. One distressing finding was the loss of NDS-GBA Linkage. While few game pairings take a strong advantage of this, it's still a loss that may shy some users away. If GBA support isn't something you absolutely need, then this is a moot subject. You'll find everything on the NDS side to be working and pleasurable.

ElDiablo

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh.. hm, in terms of using one of the m3 adapters as the ram expansion for the hacked Opera browser, (which I plan to put the files on my dsx), then which M3 adapter could I use in juncton with the dsx?

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Ah. I misunderstood what you were asking. I was thinking of built-in storage.

From what I've read, the M3 Pro doesn't have the internal ram required for the DS Browser to work. But the M3 Perfect does.

Inbtw33n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the gameyeeeah description of Professional.

"Supports GBA Games (32M Max), "

I'm guessing it's 32Mbits which is a bad thing for GBA games?

jtroye32

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the difference is probably bridged and unbridged connectors (ex. R4 and M3 Simply)... so in other words, they will probably be exactly the same.

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the difference is probably bridged and unbridged connectors (ex. R4 and M3 Simply)... so in other words, they will probably be exactly the same.

Nope, the physical hardware difference is that the Pro comes with less memory used for running GBA roms (only enough for up to 32mbit in size), whereas the Perfect comes with enough to run all GBA roms. This allows the Pro cart be sold at half the price of the Perfect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night