M3 Lite or SuperCard Lite?

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by GutshotGary, May 18, 2007.

May 18, 2007

M3 Lite or SuperCard Lite? by GutshotGary at 7:32 PM (1,127 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. GutshotGary
    OP

Newcomer GutshotGary Newbie

United States
    I have a NDS Lite and an R4, I am looking for the best slot 2 GBA solution. I have tried to find reviews but most of them are for the SD or CF versions - not the microSD. It seems they do the same things, but the SuperCard Lite is about $20 cheaper than the M3 Lite and I can't figure why. Any help or advice would be helpful. I am sorry if this has been covered but I could not find it. The reason I am looking at these two is because they use microSD just like my R4 so I could use the cards with either.

Thanks,

Edit: Sorry, I think I may have posted this in the wrong forum.

2. Aril

Member Aril GBAtemp Regular

France
    So the supercard lite is pretty bad when it comes to GBA compatibility.
    I had one I just couldn't save...

My friend got a M3 lite and he played almost every GBA games on his DS.

But to me, the best is the G6 lite, I've never experienced any problems with this linker.

3. suppachipmunk

Member suppachipmunk GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I would go with the M3 Lite. Excellent GBA compatibility.

Like Aril said, the G6 Lite is also a great choice. It has 512MB of built-in memory. That should be more than enough to hold all of you GBA games and you can store all your NDS games on the R4. The only problem with the G6 is corruption can occur if you're not careful.

M3 Lite Review: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=37063

G6 Lite Review: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=37100

Supercard Lite: All I could find was the rumble (NO GBA) Review: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=40941

Hope this helps a little bit.

4. shinji257

Member shinji257 61396C68206D61737465722072616365 :3

United States
    *deleted*

5. ZeWarriorReturnz

Banned ZeWarriorReturnz Banned

United States
    I say go with the M3 Lite... I have one and it works great.

6. Mooney

Newcomer Mooney Advanced Member

United States
    M3 Lite, definately. Great compatibility, skins, cheats, and much more (God, I sound like an advertisement [​IMG] ).

7. shaffaaf27

Member shaffaaf27 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    if you want amazing gba tingz

then the ezflash 4 lite id say.

8. Shinji

Member Shinji ҉҉ ҉҉

United States
    your english is too good for an M3L advert [​IMG]

RAM has a point, IIRC, the IV has a lower price point and is on par with M3L. Maybe someone with both carts can give you their biased/unbiased opinion.

9. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    For the money, the EZ-Flash 3-in-1 expansion is the most versatile in terms of adding GBA support to an R4. You can get it for 1/4 the price of a G6 lite or an M3 Lite + microSD card, and it's much less limited than most people seem to think.

You can play most games from the RAM on the 3-in-1, the same way you would with the M3/G6, but games over 16 megabytes and games that use 1024 kbit flash saves have to be flashed to NOR. There aren't that many games that big, or that use that type of save, so it isn't much of an inconvenience.

Once you flash a game to NOR it starts up instantly every time until you flash a different game. It takes up to about 4 1/2 minutes to flash the biggest games to NOR, small games take less than a minute. On the G6/M3 it takes 25-30 seconds to start a 32 meg game every single time.

The 3-in-1 can be used for GBA linkage with the R4 (for every game except pokeyman), the M3/G6 can not. You can use GBA linkage with the M3/G6 (for every game except pokeyman), but only when you run the DS game from the slot 2 cart.

On the 3-in-1, you have to patch some GBA games with the EZ4 Client to get them to save. On the G6/M3 you have to either run the game through the game manager to create the needed save files, or create the files manually. The EZ4 client and the G6 game manager can both do multiple games in a batch so that you don't need to deal with them one by one. I haven't used the M3 game manager, but I expect that it can also do multiple games in a batch.

With the 3-in-1, GBA roms and saves are stored on the slot 1 cart. The M3 and G6 use microSD cards and internal flash memory, respectively.

The 3-in-1, the M3 and the G6 can all be used as a RAM expansion for the Nintendo web browser, though I still haven't figured out why anyone would want to use a really slow browser with a really low resolution display.

The 3-in-1 has rumble, the M3 & G6 do not.

The M3 & G6 both have a real time clock so your GBA pokeymans can tell what time it is. The 3-in-1 does not.

The 3-in-1 costs $19 USD shipped. The M3 and G6 are about 4x that much, but I don't know the best place to buy the english versions of those carts so I won't quote a price.

10. shinji257

Member shinji257 61396C68206D61737465722072616365 :3

United States
    Definately get the M3 Perfect Lite. I got one and haven't looked back since.

11. tisti

Member tisti GBAtemp Regular

Slovenia
    Destructobot with the M3 Lite you have GBA linkage built into 1 card [​IMG] You select the gba rom you want to link with the nds rom and run the nds rom [​IMG]

12. ZeWarriorReturnz

Banned ZeWarriorReturnz Banned

United States
    But it doesn't work for Pokemon.

13. macgamer

Newcomer macgamer Advanced Member

United States
    Do any of them?

Or more importantly... will any of them in the future?

14. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    The EZ-Flash 3-in-1 now has working pokemon linkage with any slot 1 cart thanks to cory1492 making a patch for the DS games. Currently, no other slot 2 flashcart allows for pokemon linkage. This may or may not change in the near future, depending on how much time Cory decides to put into a game he's not interested in playing.

Pokemon 3-in-1 linkage patch