M3 Lite (micro-SD) Review

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by TheSpade, Sep 16, 2006.

Sep 16, 2006

M3 Lite (micro-SD) Review by TheSpade at 7:44 AM (3,559 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. TheSpade
    OP

Member TheSpade GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States

M3 Lite (micro-SD) Review

Official GBATemp Review

Since my departure from a certain online store that shall remain nameless, I have been wondering where I would publish my review for M3 Lite. Thankfully, the staff at GBATemp have taken me under their wing and provided the arena that I had been looking for. While it is brief, I feel that it is to the point of its level of interest. I hope that it answers many questions concerning the differences between M3 Lite and its various incarnations.

Please leave your comments in this thread. Thank you again, GBATemp staff!

2. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    Great review [​IMG]

Thanks for the contribution [​IMG]

3. motorcity_madman

Newcomer motorcity_madman Member

United States
    Yep thanks for the review.You always have well done reviews.Especially the g6 lite i liked it so much I went and ordered one [​IMG]

4. Twid

Newcomer Twid Advanced Member

France
    Hi all, good review but I received my M3 lite this week and it is very easy to put in and out of my DSL... Maybe you are not lucky.

5. TheSpade
    OP

United States
    As you can see from the pictures within the review, I have used 2 different casings. Both were properly fitted, fastened and still tight, and many others I have spoken with also complained about it. Once again, it seems that the casing becomes easier to insert after a dozen or so times. Compared to the ease of G6 Lite, which is a perfect fit (I cannot stress this enough), M3 Lite earns this valid description.

6. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Just for awareness, the link on the left side of the homepage for M3Lite in the reviews box appears to go to the passwe3 review.

If you are feeling thickheaded like me, clicking the image in the first post goes to the actual review. [​IMG]

2 cons that have always chafed me about the M3:
    -language locked (cant simply use a different language, have to buy one of the few they sell and use that language only)
    -that stupid "not sponsored by" delay.
    To me it just goes against the grain of what the device is capable of. Stick the warning on the box and dont make me look at it in a language I dont understand every time I turn the bleedin' thing on [​IMG]

Other than that, glad to hear it fits nice [​IMG]

7. THeLL

Member THeLL GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    I grade it: B+

Is that about an 8 in terms of 0 / 10 ?

8. saxamo

Member saxamo Spaaaaace!

United States
    Te amo the spade. I understand it was primarialy for the build, but did you have a good experience with everything else, in general?

9. TheSpade
    OP

United States
    As I mentioned in the review, everything that M3 is works as it should in the Lite model.

10. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    If I had to name one thing that drives me nuts about the M3 is how they continue to not add touch screen support for the menus of the M3. Every time it loads I try tapping the screen from instinct and I always get the same result...I have to use the directional pad. Great review!

11. CatScam

Member CatScam ScamaRama!

United States
    Nice review Spade, I didn’t see you mention the splash screen
    under the Con’s, did M3 finally remove it for the lite version?

12. TheSpade
    OP

United States
    I don't consider a 2-second screen to be a "con". It is there to shield G6/M3 Team from legal action. Again..2 whole seconds. I can survive that.

13. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    [​IMG] They could "shield" themselves equally as well as cigarette companies do under current NA legislation, by putting it on a label on the box (like pretty much every 3rd party console accessory company has done in the past), on the label or on a flyer type insert in the box it comes in, wrather than on each and every use of the product (or even a single boot warning that expires and never shows after the first time). When I saw "perfect" on the box... well, lets just say I can be a bit of "perfectionist nitpicker" and M3 doesnt satisfy my idea of "Perfect" (even if I forgive the lack of current touch screen use and all the other nifty features they initially touted but have not added).

If you didnt catch it in all that sarcasm and nitpicking: it is an excellent review TheSpade, and thanks for taking the time to write/image it up.

14. CatScam

Member CatScam ScamaRama!

United States
    Well I can survive a kick in the nuts, but don’t mean I’m going to like it.
    And if it’s not necessary, or a plus then it’s a con. Other carts don’t have
    it & like Cory mentioned they could put it on the box. So now you have
    DS’s splash & the No-pass splash & the M3 splash? If you purposely leave
    out something like that, I now have to find your whole review suspect. [​IMG]

15. rkenshin

Member rkenshin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Which makes me wonder why people love to see that Health and Safety screen when even using FlashME (Stealth).. [​IMG]

They want to keep their DS/L "Perfect" hehe