M3 Lite Homebrew

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Phrostay, Feb 14, 2007.

Feb 14, 2007

M3 Lite Homebrew by Phrostay at 11:40 PM (714 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Phrostay
    OP

Newcomer Phrostay Advanced Member

Australia
    I've been trying to figure out how homebrew works on the m3 lite. The programs I want to use are REIN or Reinmoon if REIN cannot dump my saves from a real cart. As far as I know I have just copied the REIN.nds file to my m3 lite and tried to boot it but didn't work from the m3 lite menu. I booted Moonshell and ran REIN from there which worked but it came out with some funny outputs and didn't dump anything successfully when I tried.

I read somewhere that I might need to patch REIN.nds with the m3 game manager and the "Direct Copy" option. Reinmoon is different, it complains about missing a font file but again I might need to patch with the m3 game manager with "Direct Copy" option enabled. The same thing happens for Comic Book Reader DS, it will not boot from the m3 lite menu but will boot from Moonshell?

Using v31 of the m3 lite firmware
    Using r17 of REIN
    Using the latest version of Reinmoon
    Using Comic Book DS v2.0

BTW does Omalone work with the M3 DS Simply? I have patched with DLDI Lib but nothing happens, maybe it needs PALib?

2. Phrostay
    OP

Newcomer Phrostay Advanced Member

Australia
    WTF??? YOU HAVE TO PRESS THE "START" BUTTON TO GET HOMBREW WORKING INSTEAD OF THE "A" BUTTON >:(