yee

OP
Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
I just have some questions mainly about the M3GM.

But could anyone please clarify some terms under "Send NDS" and "Send GBA" for me? Thanks in advance.

SEND NDS

Main -> same method for all games (I'm guessing every game I send will use the same settings from now on?)

Read method -> 1X/4X DMA (What's the difference and what does it mean?) - Safe mode (So basically the same as a normal send, but no soft reset? Is it the same as software reset in the main tab?) - Directly copy (Does the same thing as dragging the ROM to the SD card?)

SEND GBA

Rom patch -> Hardware support 1/2 (What's the difference?)

Also, I looked in both PocketHeaven and M3's official WikiFAQ, but I couldn't find the answers.

Thanks!

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Same method for all games: is so it doesnt ask you for each and every game when you select multiple games at once.

Read Method: 1x/4x DMA (DMA is a memory transfer mode, Direct Memory Access) is refering to the speed in which the ROM will transfer data once its loaded. 4x is faster, but not always desireable (not always fully compatible), some games benefit by it though. Most should be able to use either DMA with the latest client, though Im assuming a few still wont work, and depending on the speed of your media card 4x may not work at all (see the m3wiki for some info on media compatibility with those modes).

*Safe Mode, as far as I know, eliminates as much of the patching as it can and uses the PSRAM like GBA cart. Directly copy is as you suspect, it does not patch the ROM (for sending homebrew but creating a .dat file for the SRAM backups I'd guess).*
Not sure if Im right on these, they have re-worded many things since I have last updated the thing and tried stuff out. For example, Normal could be what I am thinking safe mode could be, while safe mode could be something entirely different.

GBA Hardware Support 1/2: I'm still clueless as to what these could be myself. May have something to do with "other hardware" that was included on some carts (Real Time Clock, motion sensor, light sensor), may have something to do with types of save chips on the original GBA carts.

BTW: in the M3 manager, after you have sent a rom somewhere, try double clicking on it (in the right pane). It gives you a bunch of stuff for save management, that I have found most dont even know about when they first get an M3. Like importing/exporting .sav files, making multiple saves for the same game (can be selected when you boot the game and it asks you to load a save file).

Hope all that helps ya some
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol