M3 Lite + EZPass 3

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Twid, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Twid
    OP

Twid Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2006
    France
    Hi,

I would like to know if you can boot a M3 Lite with a EZPass 3 ?
    The EZPass 3 has no splash screen and I think it's faster than the Passcard 3 isn't it ?

Regards.

2. Topsy

Topsy GBAtemp Regular

Jun 28, 2006
    Canada
    Works fine. Those are what I'm using. The EZPass 3 is faster cause no boot screen, but you have to touch/push a button at the Nintendo warning screen to continue... With the Passcard 3 you get a splash screen, but it automatically goes past the Nintendo warning and into the flash card...

3. Twid
    OP

Twid Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2006
    France
    Thank you [​IMG]

4. Heinrisch

Heinrisch GBAtemp Regular

Jun 27, 2006
    I don't think the healthscreen dissapears with the passcard 3? and if you don't mean the health screen, it is possible to skip the nds menu.

5. Topsy

Topsy GBAtemp Regular

Jun 28, 2006
    Canada
    I was gonna add to my original post about the Passcard 3, but didn't want to confuse things... I guess I should mention though that the older version of the Passcard 3 does automatically skip the health screen, but apparently there is a "new" Passcard 3 (labled Passcard 4 inside its case) that behaves like the EZPass 3...

Check these video and you'll see what I mean:

New Passcard 3 (No autoboot/Splash) (credit to Keyser Soze)

Old Passcard 3 (Most common/autoboot/splash)

EZPass 3 (No autoboot/no splash)

6. Heinrisch

Heinrisch GBAtemp Regular

Jun 27, 2006
    All three of does showed the healthscreen.. The menu after the healthscreen can be skipped through the original nds config

7. Topsy

Topsy GBAtemp Regular

Jun 28, 2006
    Canada
    I know... What I'm getting at is, if you notice in the video, the old Passcard 3 will continue on its own through the health screen and to the flashcart... The others need your input at the warning screen...

And yes I know you can bypass the NDS config by setting the DS to "Auto" instead of "Manual" in settings. However, on iether setting you will need to press a button or touch the screen to go past the Warning screen with the new Passcard 3 or EZPass 3. You don't have to input anything with the old Passcard 3... Irregardless of the DS's setting (auto or manual) the old Passcard 3 will boot straight through (unassisted) to the flashcard...

8. Twid
    OP

Twid Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2006
    France
    Yes, the EZPass 3 is exactly what I want [​IMG]

Thank you for the videos.